Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

compost toilet precedents

• 23-05-2014 4:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Does anyone know of anyone in Ireland, England or the world, who has got planning permission for having a compost toilet of any sort.
    Any information would be grateful.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Greensleeves

I think there was a compost loo at The Organic Centre in Leitrim but I don't know if it is still there or if they had planning permission for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,900 ✭✭✭InTheTrees

So frustrating the apathy and lack of forward thinking by various planning bodies in Ireland.

On one hand the lack of tourist accommodation is supposedly restricting our ability to cater for more tourists and on the other hand we have planning authorities that want us to live side by side in identical 1950's style concrete bungalows.

If you wanted to build no-impact (i.e. removable) eco friendly sustainable tourist camping accommodation in some wood or leastways attractive location, I believe it would be impossible right now.

If you wanted to build concrete blockhouses, with septic tanks you might be able to but it would probably take at least twenty years. At least.

Bizzarre really, I thought we were supposed to be "green" and environmentally responsible?

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭BrenCooney

Plenty of them given planning permission in Wexford, both for private dwellings and for commercial/camping/etc sites. Has the OP tried in their county?

Advertisement