Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Very confused with entitlements...

• 20-07-2011 2:42am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hello to everyone,

I am wondering if anybody could help me out with some questions... that keep me awake at night .

I am currently on a Jobseeker Benefit and I am getting little bit over 30 euro per week due to my young age and a fact that my boyfriend is working full time. Recently he got a raise and he is getting a bit over the minimum after tax. Could that mean that they going to take away that 30 euro from me? In my first claim for Jobseeker Allowance he was on the minimum wage.

At this moment I am 38 weeks pregnant and really freaking out that I'm going to be left with absolutely nothing... You may find it funny, but those 30 euro gave me a feeling having something... other than depending on my partner on everything. That's nappies and milk for a week. I am not entitled to Maternity Benefit... That's why I am thinking is there any other financial help other then the Jobseeker Benefit & Maternity I could get? I feel terrible since my partner is not my ATM machine. But I know I would feel even more terrible if I would lie about him being with me (that is the advice I got from my friends) or hide something before the Social Welfare...

I have almost none PRSI contributions because I didn't get a chance to work since I was in collage when I became pregnant, drop out due to some complications on the start to avoid stress at all costs and save the baby... Cant also rely on any help from my family.

I asked about that already in Social Welfare Office, but first they send me to another office and back again. A nice lady in the Social Welfare Office gave me a form that I don't need and send me out the door... didn't even give me a chance to sit down and explain myself. And then for a second time finally they have been so kind and said that I have to go and see some Officer who maybe is going to give me some one-time-cash... and I don't want that. I don't want to beg and explain myself over and over again... I don't want help that will not give me some feeling of security... I want information on what am I entitled to... they not seem to understand... I do think it is little bit unfair that I have been honest with them and they can not be honest with me. I try to cheer myself up every time I'm walking back from them that everybody can have a bad day...

If somebody could answer those questions I be more then grateful... Anyways thanks for reading...

Sunny Regards!
    Little Mommie...
    to be :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭tenchi-fan

You'll get child benefit.
    Rather than view your partner as an ATM, try to view him as a provider for your family.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 coolings

i had this problem myself this very week.
    I live with a girl whom was my ex on and off but now we are steady and according to citizens information i should get 141 euro if she is earning 1350 a month after tax this is the math formula that i was given to work it all out

346 -60= 286, the 346 is what she gets paid before tax a week and the minus 60 is the 3x20 as seen on the means test for job seekers allowance
    *60%, this is the *60% on there site to get weekly means

312-171=141, the 312 is the family means test (i think) minus the 171 which came from last adding you then minus the family means from weekly means to get how much you will be paid

I hope this makes some sense and helps you just remember citizens information will be able to give you all the info i have given you and tell you everything else you can get to

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭mrsbyrne

Hello to everyone,

I am wondering if anybody could help me out with some questions... that keep me awake at night .

I am currently on a Jobseeker Benefit and I am getting little bit over 30 euro per week due to my young age and a fact that my boyfriend is working full time. Recently he got a raise and he is getting a bit over the minimum after tax. Could that mean that they going to take away that 30 euro from me? In my first claim for Jobseeker Allowance he was on the minimum wage.

At this moment I am 38 weeks pregnant and really freaking out that I'm going to be left with absolutely nothing... You may find it funny, but those 30 euro gave me a feeling having something... other than depending on my partner on everything. That's nappies and milk for a week. I am not entitled to Maternity Benefit... That's why I am thinking is there any other financial help other then the Jobseeker Benefit & Maternity I could get? I feel terrible since my partner is not my ATM machine. But I know I would feel even more terrible if I would lie about him being with me (that is the advice I got from my friends) or hide something before the Social Welfare...

I have almost none PRSI contributions because I didn't get a chance to work since I was in collage when I became pregnant, drop out due to some complications on the start to avoid stress at all costs and save the baby... Cant also rely on any help from my family.

I asked about that already in Social Welfare Office, but first they send me to another office and back again. A nice lady in the Social Welfare Office gave me a form that I don't need and send me out the door... didn't even give me a chance to sit down and explain myself. And then for a second time finally they have been so kind and said that I have to go and see some Officer who maybe is going to give me some one-time-cash... and I don't want that. I don't want to beg and explain myself over and over again... I don't want help that will not give me some feeling of security... I want information on what am I entitled to... they not seem to understand... I do think it is little bit unfair that I have been honest with them and they can not be honest with me. I try to cheer myself up every time I'm walking back from them that everybody can have a bad day...

If somebody could answer those questions I be more then grateful... Anyways thanks for reading...

Sunny Regards!
    Little Mommie...
    to be :)
    Little mommie, i dont think you are getting Jobsekers Benefit as you say you didnt make many PRSI contributions, and you need alot of PRSi contributions to get Benefit. i think you are on Jobseekers Allowance. You are only getting €30 a week because your partner with whom you live is working full-time with a full-time wage. You are in a family unit with him and he is expected to support you to a certain extent. You cannot be supported by both your partner and the Dept. of Social Welfare. You have been means tested as a family, because thats what you are, and it has been decided that you only need € 30 of assistance. does this make sense to you? You cannot get help with your rent/mortgage as the current rules are that if your partner is working more than 30 hours per week, you cannot get any help. Your partner is jointly responsible for the baby you are going to have, so if , when the baby comes, he is earning less than €506 per week he might be able to apply for FIS
    http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/social_welfare/social_welfare_payments/social_welfare_payments_to_families_and_children/family_income_supplement.htmlAs tenchi says you will also get Child Benefit, when your baby comes.. you are doing the right thing by going to your local office to ask if you are entitled to anything else. I think they are telling you that you will have to go to the CWO if you are finding it hard to manage. If the local office have means-tested you and calculatd that you are entitled to only €30 per week, then you are entitled to Appeal that desicion, if you think that you didnt give them the correct information, or that they calculated the means incorrectly. Other than that you will have to go to the CWO. he/she will look at all your circumstances with a view to helpling you, but I'm afraid that once again as your partner is working full-time it would seem very unlikely that you would get anything. He is not an ATM machine. Both you and he will have to get used to the fact as you and he have made this desicion to live together and have a baby together, that you are resonsible for one another. Good luck with the baby.

Advertisement