Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rangers FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2012/2013

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,909 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

Jelle1880 wrote: »
    So do Rangers, so stop your constant 'Pay your taxes' crap.

This is something from years (possibly decades) ago, under Murray.

So why is there an outstanding tax bill?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭Broxi_Bear_Eire

So why is there an outstanding tax bill?

There was an outstanding tax bill from the Murray era that was discovered during Whytes due diligence thing with the club the Rangers board are not disputing the amount they are however disputing the penalties that have been placed on it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,286 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

Guy in my work was a freelance contractor and he delayed paying his tax and HMRC threw penalties at him for not paying his tax on time. Why should Rangers be treated any differently?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

Are you saying Celtic don't pay taxes on matchday tickets and merchandise, bought by Irish people ? :pac:
    Must remember to buy my Europa league tickets tomorrow for all the upcoming Celtic games in europe!

I really hope they bring out some nice Europa league merchandise, wonder will we bring out a european jersey?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

Did get the special edition song released to commemorate rangers last expedition in europe, Kaiser chiefs I predict a riot!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

That doesn't even make sense (although I shouldn't be surprised).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,239 ✭✭✭✭KeithAFC

You have that beautiful one, the one that looks like Bobby Sands threw up on :pac:
    :pac:

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

HMRC freezing funds in the Rangers account:
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/14771581.stm

Doesn't make much difference tbh, just HMRC guaranteeing their dues. It's going on a while though, how long does it take to resolve this things?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭TheBuilder

Its like stumbling into an uneducated bitter teenage argument here ffs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,623 ✭✭✭lubo_moravcik

:D

Guy in my work was a freelance contractor and he delayed paying his tax and HMRC threw penalties at him for not paying his tax on time. Why should Rangers be treated any differently?

So this guy did he disagree with the penalties and and try to fight them or did he just accept them.

All Rangers are doing is the former so your points totally pointless

Double standards, you couldn't make this up

You have that beautiful one, the one that looks like Bobby Sands threw up on :pac:

classy statement, no surprise really

So this guy did he disagree with the penalties and and try to fight them or did he just accept them.

The penalties were for late payment of his tax. He accepted it as he knew he owed the taxman money and that there were penalties for not paying it on time.
    All Rangers are doing is the former so your points totally pointless

What is the reason Rangers feel they should not pay penalties for late payment of their tax?

Good to see his integrity and professionalism shining through

• Advertisement

Classy you tube using the term H*n
    Double standards really

The penalties were for late payment of his tax. He accepted it as he knew he owed the taxman money and that there were penalties for not paying it on time.

What is the reason Rangers feel they should not pay penalties for late payment of their tax?

They are not saying they shouldn't pay penalties they disagree with the amount

So this guy accepted it that means everyone else should to. I have had my problems with the Inland Revenue and I fought and fought it all the way to the high court to be honest I don't see the big problem with what they are doing

Sky Sports reporting that we've rejected a bid for Jelavic from Fenerbache.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭RoryMac

TheBuilder wrote: »
    Sky Sports reporting that we've rejected a bid for Jelavic from Fenerbache.

The same Fenerbache who requested to be relegated from the Turkish top league and have been thrown out of the Champions League for match fixing?

Not sure why that would appeal to any player for a move at present.

RoryMac wrote: »
    The same Fenerbache who requested to be relegated from the Turkish top league and have been thrown out of the Champions League for match fixing?

Not sure why that would appeal to any player for a move at present.

Just as well he's not going anywhere then ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 882 ✭✭✭LondonIrish90

I fail to see why it is "double standards". It may be interpreted as a change of viewpoint but its not a change of standards.

In any case you can sort of see the argument, although he failed to articulate his point that well. If both Rangers and Celtic were in Europe, neither would have an advantage on the home front due to having the same number of games and more or less the same amount of travelling.

Without Europe you could argue Rangers have the advantage in the league in terms of preparation and less fatigue, whereas Celtic will have a greater revenue and greater exposure on the European stage should they pull off a few shocks in the group.

I think you are trying to find a grievance where there is none really. Out of character for Celtic fans I must say :D

Matt McKay arrives in Glasgow at last :)

Rangers' summer signing Matt McKay has arrived in Glasgow ready to begin his career at Ibrox.

The Australian international agreed a move from Brisbane Roar before the end of the summer transfer window but had to wait to join his new team-mates due to paperwork and two crucial World Cup qualifiers with the Socceroos.

McKay played the full 90 minutes in World Cup qualifying wins against Thailand and Saudi Arabia before packing his bags to move to Glasgow and turning his attention to club football.
    Rangers' new signing Matt McKay arrives in Glasgow

The midfielder said he was raring to go and looking forward to making his debut in the Scottish Premier League after wondering if he would ever get to move to Europe.

"It's always in the back of your mind that you've missed that opportunity," McKay told STV.

"For me it was an opportunity I couldn't knock back. I loved my time in Australia but Europe is where I have always wanted to be.

"Even though it's come late, I'm raring to go and I want to do a job for Rangers."

The Australian, who was greeted at Glasgow Airport by former Roar team-mate Charlie Miller, said that his fitness wasn't in question after playing for his country and a series of friendlies for his former club.

He said that he was ready to face Dundee United on Saturday if Ally McCoist gave him the nod. "We've had pre-season at the Roar and I have played 10 games with them," he explained.

"Obviously I've had international games, quite a few recently, and two in the last week. So I'm fit and I'm ready to go.

"I've looked after myself, we've had these international games and I've come through them unscathed. If the manager needs me this weekend, I'll be ready."

http://sport.stv.tv/football/scottis...medium=twitter (Video inside)

Showing your true colours ya cock

Will you's come back with the name Rejectors FC???

Will you's come back with the name Rejectors FC???

What are you on about

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Showing your true colours ya cock

His true colours are red and white from what I've read

What are you on about

Just another one of them hoping we go into administration.

All that needs to be said is this little quote from the Scotsman:
    "On the domestic front, an unremarkable transfer window was surprisingly enlivened by Peter Lawwell's bizarre ramblings on Rangers retaining the services of Nikica Jelavic. Mr Lawwell achieved the rare feat of uniting the Old Firm, in that both tribes were left wondering why he had stuck his nose in rather than, oh, I dunno, explaining how a threadbare Rangers secured three consecutive titles on his watch?

Keep up the good work, Peter."

I fail to see why it is "double standards". It may be interpreted as a change of viewpoint but its not a change of standards.

In any case you can sort of see the argument, although he failed to articulate his point that well. If both Rangers and Celtic were in Europe, neither would have an advantage on the home front due to having the same number of games and more or less the same amount of travelling.

Without Europe you could argue Rangers have the advantage in the league in terms of preparation and less fatigue, whereas Celtic will have a greater revenue and greater exposure on the European stage should they pull off a few shocks in the group.

I think you are trying to find a grievance where there is none really. Out of character for Celtic fans I must say :D

Not tryng to find a grievance at all? Just think it's pathetic the way he changes his views after rangers are out.

Things must be really bad when a firm needs to take the club to court to force them to pay an outstanding bill of £35k.

http://news.stv.tv/scotland/west-central/269561-rangers-agree-to-pay-35000-legal-bill-after-being-taken-to-court/

That story has caused Rangers to withdraw their cooperation with the Herald, Sunday Herald and the Evening Times, as they dispute it.

The Scotsman had this to say about it:

"Levy & McRae had raised its action over fees for work carried out before the club was taken over by Mr Whyte in May."

"At a hearing last week, Lord Hodge questioned a suggestion by Rangers that those currently in charge of the club had no knowledge of whether the sum was due."

In other words, Whyte is still cleaning up the **** left by Murray.
    About that bill, what I understood is that Rangers are not unable to pay, but agreed to pay and Levy & McRae wanted the money before that due to fear of insolvency of Rangers.

• Advertisement

That story has caused Rangers to withdraw their cooperation with the Herald, Sunday Herald and the Evening Times, as they dispute it.

The Scotsman had this to say about it:

"Levy & McRae had raised its action over fees for work carried out before the club was taken over by Mr Whyte in May."

"At a hearing last week, Lord Hodge questioned a suggestion by Rangers that those currently in charge of the club had no knowledge of whether the sum was due."

In other words, Whyte is still cleaning up the **** left by Murray.
    About that bill, what I understood is that Rangers are not unable to pay, but agreed to pay and Levy & McRae wanted the money before that due to fear of insolvency of Rangers.

Levy & McRae wanting the money now "due to fear of insolvency of Rangers" can't be a good sign?

Levy & McRae wanting the money now "due to fear of insolvency of Rangers" can't be a good sign?

The problem is they don't know about the fiances of the club they are also connected with a certain Mr Martin Bain as well as the Herald group who twisted the story no surprise that the press would do that. That is why Rangers have severed connections with the group. As for Levy & McRae I wouldn't be surprised if Rangers report them to the relevant authorities .

The same Bain, who is now (according to the Phil McGillivan ran website rangerstaxcase.com) lodging court papers and argueing for freezing for assets.

The documents are out there for everyone to see and look extremely dodgy, at best.

The same Bain, who is now (according to the Phil McGillivan ran website rangerstaxcase.com) lodging court papers and argueing for freezing for assets.

The documents are out there for everyone to see and look extremely dodgy, at best.

The same Martin Bain that was tarred and feathered before being forced out of his job.

I don't look on that website but do see bits from Phil on Twitter, it's hard to know what the real situation is, Phil obviously has his agenda but on the flip side HMRC ring fencing money in Ranger's accounts and sheriffs issueing papers would suggest there are serious concerns about Ranger's finances.

How do you guys see it playing out?

I don't look on that website but do see bits from Phil on Twitter, it's hard to know what the real situation is, Phil obviously has his agenda but on the flip side HMRC ring fencing money in Ranger's accounts and sheriffs issueing papers would suggest there are serious concerns about Ranger's finances.

How do you guys see it playing out?

Right the papers were served because the club are disputing the penalties HMRC imposed not the tax bill itself so HMRC ring fenced 3m note that is just over the tax bill which is 2.8m.

No one is saying we don't have problems but I believe we will come out of it OK if a bit shaken

Dempsey wrote: »
    The same Martin Bain that was tarred and feathered before being forced out of his job.

And rightly so.
    How can you justify giving yourself a pay raise (yes, he did it himself) of over £100k while forcing the players to take new contracts with lower wages than they are on ?

And rightly so.
    How can you justify giving yourself a pay raise (yes, he did it himself) of over £100k while forcing the players to take new contracts with lower wages than they are on ?

Maybe it was a contractual obligation for x amount of years service?

Are you saying that he was able to give himself a pay rise without the need for anyone else to sign off on it?

Or are you just miffed that somone was able to get a pay rise whilst player investment was off the table?

My point is that Bains' reputation and career was dragged through the mud as Whyte decided that he wanted to oust him. You think he wouldnt try to **** up Whyte/Rangers given that he'd know how to hurt the club financially?

Flood nearly scored a deflected shot there, thought it was in myself for a second.

• Advertisement

Just another one of them hoping we go into administration.

All that needs to be said is this little quote from the Scotsman:

I see you're on FF, sashing it up behind enemy lines :rolleyes:
    hamish husband is looking for you

• Registered Users Posts: 5,406 ✭✭✭Pompey Magnus

Is that not a penalty nowadays?

Is that not a penalty nowadays?

Swanson shouldnt have tried to milk it

Dempsey wrote: »
    Swanson shouldnt have tried to milk it

He did make the most of it but the defender did stick the leg out and make contact, I'd have thought that was the bigger offence.

Would it be given at the other end though?

Hegharty of DU said it wasn't a penalty :p

Red card for Russell, what an idiotic thing to do.

• Advertisement

What an idiot.

I see you're on FF, sashing it up behind enemy lines :rolleyes:
    hamish husband is looking for you

Good on you.
    Need my address too ? :rolleyes:

He did make the most of it but the defender did stick the leg out and make contact, I'd have thought that was the bigger offence.

If it was going to be a stonewall penalty, why the need to dive?

Yes, leg out and contact but just go for the ball honestly and it would have been an easy decision for the referee but he tried to deceive the referee and rightly didnt get anything for it. The right message has to be sent out.

Russell just cost DUTD the game. Broadfoot has gone down easy twice now, deserved his yellow card.

Good on you.
    Need my address too ? :rolleyes:

Nope. Just nice to see you in with the rest of the numptys :)

Nope. Just nice to see you in with the rest of the numptys :)

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I recall you talking about posts on the huddleboard, so I assume we're even with that.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement