Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

General FPL Chat 2014/15 MOD WARNING POST 1839

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

The day the DGW died!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,742 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

The day the DGW died!

good cos my wildcards gone!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Dr. Bre wrote: »
    with chelsea spurs out of cup, if they play in league cup final it means they may play their re-arrange PL games on the weekend of fa cup quarters..thats if the teams their due to play are out of cup. all to be revealed

GW 27 blank and then dgw 28 is a possibility.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,437 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Dr. Bre wrote: »
    with chelsea spurs out of cup, if they play in league cup final it means they may play their re-arrange PL games on the weekend of fa cup quarters..thats if the teams their due to play are out of cup. all to be revealed

Happened a few year back if I remember correctly to Swansea/Liverpool, think Liverpool/Swansea game was part of the same game week but was actually on 7 days after the rest of the game week.

As it stands, GW27 (League Cup Final) is due to be....
    City/Liverpool (Liverpool still in FA Cup
    Chelsea/Leicester (Leicester still in FA Cup)
    Spurs/QPR (both out of FA Cup so could play 7th March - possibly DGW28?)

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Happened a few year back if I remember correctly to Swansea/Liverpool, think Liverpool/Swansea game was part of the same game week but was actually on 7 days after the rest of the game week.

As it stands, GW27 (League Cup Final) is due to be....
    City/Liverpool (Liverpool still in FA Cup
    Chelsea/Leicester (Leicester still in FA Cup)
    Spurs/QPR (both out of FA Cup so could play 7th March - possibly DGW28?)

Ye that's exactly what happened with Liv swansea. If spurs make the final a good chance of gw 27 blank and dgw 28 swa h qpr a.

• Advertisement

Paulista confirmed in principle to Arsenal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Cameron seems to have lost his place for Stoke. Annoying as I brought him in with my WC. If Bellerin starts again for Arsenal again this weekend it might not be too bad, as I have the spare £ to do an upgrade, otherwise Baird maybe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

@DeadlineDayLive: Stoke have given Leicester permission to speak to defender Robert Huth about a possible loan deal. (Source: SkySports)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Strongly thinking now of going with Sanchez, Giroud and an Arsenal defender given the Costa situation. Is 3 Arsenal too much? They do have some very nice games but it does seem like overload. Any thoughts?

Actually, on second thoughts it probably makes more sense to go with Bertrand/Clyne over an Arsenal defender. Nice fixtures also and gives the squad more balance as opposed to putting too many eggs in the Arsenal basket!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Paully D wrote: »
    Strongly thinking now of going with Sanchez, Giroud and an Arsenal defender given the Costa situation. Is 3 Arsenal too much? They do have some very nice games but it does seem like overload. Any thoughts?

Sanchez might be injured. I think they're still a good bet for this weekend. Walcott maybe?

• Advertisement

I wonder will we see cancelled games over the coming weeks with all this talk of snow due.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Dónal wrote: »
    I wonder will we see cancelled games over the coming weeks with all this talk of snow due.

Hope so got my wildcard ready and waiting!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

Dónal wrote: »

Ah here! There's enough to be thinking about this week without having that at the back of my mind!

Supposed pool team tomorrow it always seems to be correct.Sakho is a bit of a doubt.
    Mig can Skrtel Sakho Markovic moreno Lucas Henderson lallana coutinho sterling.
    Sturridge on bench. Gerrard not starting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,121 ✭✭✭G1032

Not FF related but I'll ask the question anyway...

Today Jonathan Walters became the 3rd Irish International to score a Premier League hattrick

Who are the other two?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭AdpRo

Robbie Keane / Shane Long maybe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,654 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

G1032 wrote: »

Today Jonathan Walters became the 3rd Irish International to score a Premier League hattrick

Who are the other two?

I googled it out of interest, would have guessed Keane alright but not the other one!

Who are the other two?

Robbie Keane anyway. The other name escapes me but he was definitely playing for Newcastle at the time and was a fairly average player because me and a mate were in disbelief at the time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

Stephen Ireland? Just a guess.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭jive

Leon best

• Advertisement

Yup. Robbie Keane and Leon Best!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,654 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Wonder what Chelsea will do with Bertrand next season. Would be a shame to see them take him back and have him sitting on the bench.

Wonder what Chelsea will do with Bertrand next season. Would be a shame to see them take him back and have him sitting on the bench.

Southampton will buy him I'd imagine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Who are the other two?

To put it into perspective Wasilewski is now a second Polish International who scored in PL. First goal was 20 years ago so it took us some time:D

Given that we have 40 millions of peole out there Ireland is doing really well.

End of OT.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

wonski wrote: »

End of OT.

But now we have to guess who the first was! Can't think of it myself

8-10 wrote: »

There has been a ton of Polish keepers can't think of any outfield players though!

To put it into perspective Wasilewski is now a second Polish International who scored in PL. First goal was 20 years ago so it took us some time:D

Given that we have 40 millions of peole out there Ireland is doing really well.

End of OT.

You guys hate Podolski so much you don't even consider him Polish any more!

8-10 wrote: »

I think Bolton had a Polish striker on loan when they were in the Premier League. Don't think he played much but maybe chipped in.

jimmii wrote: »
    You guys hate Podolski so much you don't even consider him Polish any more!

Nah, he is polish by name but plays for the Germans;) I like him anyway...

He is not in PL now so this is way OT:D

• Advertisement

Nah, he is polish by name but plays for the Germans;) I like him anyway...

He is not in PL now so this is way OT:D

But he has scored in the PL in the last 20 years (back OT!)

Did one of the many Polish GKs get a goal at some point?!

I think Bolton had a Polish striker on loan when they were in the Premier League. Don't think he played much but maybe chipped in.

Last time ( and the very first time) was Warzycha.It was 19/08/1992 against United.
    Over 20 years.

And to bring it back to all general FPL talks here is my hero of the season so far:D
    I have posted his results before, but he doesn't give up. No transfers this week, Silva on bench - something i don't really understand tbh and still in top 50 in the world.

He is a pro tennis player, but it looks like he is more than that. Top 100 in last 16 weeks, and his lowest rank was 2k after the first GW. Amazing...

337356.png

I'd love to get off to a start like that just one time! If FPL started in GW7 I would be SOOO much better!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Very impressive consistency; I've been hovering around the same rank for 8 GWs. I miss the rush of those huge greens but would bite your hand off to finish where I am now.

I'd love to get off to a start like that just one time! If FPL started in GW7 I would be SOOO much better!!

Honestly - I had some really good moments earlier in the season, but to continue like that - I have no idea how tbh.

You might need a bit of luck of course, but no luck would help you to keep going like that.

On the other hand - good start is crucial. I've had plenty of very average gameweeks, and few visits to the millionaires club, yet never gone outside 3k after GW 8.

• Advertisement

Very impressive consistency; I've been hovering around the same rank for 8 GWs. I miss the rush of those huge greens but would bite your hand off to finish where I am now.

Same here. Never thought of being in top 5k (winning it is basiacally a lotto territory:D)

Had a look at mine tonight, can't complain really:

337357.png

I do need 1 good gameweek to keep me happy, though. Cazorla ruined what was supposed to be a really good moment to shoot up the rankings a little.

Not a race - let's wait and see what happens next.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,437 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Looks like Robert Huth to Leicester is the first done deal of deadline day, might have implications for all the Wassi owners on here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,255 ✭✭✭✭km79

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Looks like Robert Huth to Leicester is the first done deal of deadline day, might have implications for all the Wassi owners on here.

I'm selling wasi anyway
    already have 3 players (hazard terry Kane) missing gw27 so he makes 4
    will move him on for bellerin most likely next week

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭james123

So do ye think bellerin will stay in the team for arsenal aslong as debauchy is out?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,579 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Soton sign an attacking mid on loan. Filip djuricic from benfica.

• Advertisement

james123 wrote: »
    So do ye think bellerin will stay in the team for arsenal aslong as debauchy is out?

Yes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,579 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

BAE released by Spurs. I remember a few seasons back he had a great few months in FPL. It was even rumoured his distinctive hairstyle helped get him bps

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

KevIRL wrote: »
    BAE released by Spurs. I remember a few seasons back he had a great few months in FPL. It was even rumoured his distinctive hairstyle helped get him bps

He was one of the players of the season that year in FPL.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Southampton signed him yesterday 10m

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,193 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Harry Redknapp has resigned as QPR manager. Redknapp: “Sadly I need immediate surgery on my knee which is going to stop me from doing my job in the coming weeks"

jebforever wrote: »
    Harry Redknapp has resigned as QPR manager. Redknapp: “Sadly I need immediate surgery on my knee which is going to stop me from doing my job in the coming weeks"

Tim Sherwood odds on favourite. That would be good for Austin owners and owners playing their defence.

No new manager in place for QPR by the weekend

https://twitter.com/BenSmithBBC/status/562962936743088129

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭98q76e12hrflnk

Who is the cheapest guaranteed arsenal defender, I see people are going for bellerin but im not sure if hes a guarantee. What about monreal does he really have any competition?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,193 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

declan2693 wrote: »
    Who is the cheapest guaranteed arsenal defender, I see people are going for bellerin but im not sure if hes a guarantee. What about monreal does he really have any competition?

Competition from Gibbs. Bellerin is not nailed on but he's in great form so I think he's at least guaranteed to start for the next few games.

declan2693 wrote: »

Gibbs. I honestly don't think anyone will start every match; Gabriel will relieve both Kos and Mertesacker on occasion. If money is no issue, I would suggest Kos. Otherwise go for Bellerin.

• Advertisement
Advertisement