Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice on neck surgery?

Options
  • 21-01-2015 6:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 30

I’m starting a new neck/back surgery thread here as I can’t find a very recent one to add to. I’m probably looking at going down the surgical route for an on-going neck problem which has literally raised its ugly head in the extreme over the last few months. I don’t have severe pain (until some of the posters here) but I have some pretty intense nerve stuff going on – tingling, numbness, spasms in my left arm and in both feet and sometimes calves. My mri shows DDD (no herniations) and a bunch of other **** including bone spurs which are pressing a little into my cord. I know from horror stories on the net that this not good. I’m doing physio and I swim backstroke three times a week, but the relief is temporary. Anyway without boring the socks off everyone – has anyone had a good outcome from cervical stenosis surgery? My neurosurgeon is Michael Kelleher based in Santry and Blackrock in Dublin. Seems like a good guy but surgery still scares the ***** out of me!!! I’ve stopped looking a US sites, blogs, youtube etc. because it’s full of the worse stories imaginable! Any advice or successful stories would be warmly welcomed. Thanks!

Comments

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement