Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Esse 350 MF

Options
  • 15-01-2015 7:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

My very first post guys so hoping someone out there can help me... We have just installed an esse 350 Multi fuel insert stove with plain black front. It looks really fab but I'm having great difficulty controlling the heat output. For some reason I can't reduce the draught enough to burn fuel slowly when we've reached desired temps. It's just eating the fuel as much as my open fire did. What am I doing wrong? Is there a knack to these things? I don't want to complain to the shop I bought it until I know what I'm talking about...if you know what I mean. Any advise or comments would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,097 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭cranefly

my advice would be to make sure the baffle plate on top of the firebox is pushed in all the way and is flush with the back of the stove, as any gap will have to the fire roaring away more than normal and go through more fuel, if it is the 350gs then it will go through more fuel than your old fireplace, we use half as much again in a night, but it does heat 13 rads and a tank of hot water and the whole house is warm enough even on these cold nights. their are three controls for this type of stove, the greenswitch itself is mainly used for burning logs, the round knob on the side is to regulate the heat going to the boiler, and the slider control under the door is to add air to the firebox on the steel door. It is a round knob on the heavier cast iron door. i dont use the greenswitch that much, even burning logs i mainly leave the slider control open a bit, its just a matter of trial and error. but check the heavy baffle plate is flush with the stove make sure their is no gap. I hope this helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 focus2

Thanks cranefly, you're a genius! The baffle plate went in about 1 cm and has really made a big improvement to fuel consumption.
    There are only two controls on the model I have, the slider at the bottom and another on the top R/H side (I think that regulates the convection of heat into the room, but I'm not sure) the instruction leaflet is very vague and I just realised it's not even for the model I have, which is the esse 350MF, which by the way, only heats the room and no rads.
    All that being said, I'm still struggling to control the heat without having to open room doors when it gets too hot. I've thought of getting fire bricks and making the firebox smaller. Would you think that would work?
    I'm burning smokeless country blend coal and logs mostly.
    Any advice much appreciated....

Advertisement