Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coordinate systems/ Invalidity pension (regulations EU )

Options
  • 20-07-2011 1:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Coordinate systems – Invalidity pension (regulations EU )

Hello all
    I have a request for all ,why know about regulations Eu -Invalididty pension -I expect the decision about 2 years-form completly ( 1 year ago )
    I have questions /request

REGULATION (EC) No 987/2009 OF THE EUROPEAN PARLIAMENT AND OF THE COUNCIL
    of 16 September 2009
    laying down the procedure for implementing Regulation (EC) No 883/2004 on the coordination of social security systems
    (Text with relevance for the EEA and for Switzerland

Chapter IV Article 43 :
    „The institution of each Member State shall calculate, underthe legislation it applies, the amount due corresponding to periods of voluntary or optional continued insurance which, underArticle 53(3)(c) of the basic Regulation, shall not be subject toanother Member State’s rules relating to withdrawal, reduction orsuspension.

Where the legislation applied by the competent institution doesnot allow it to determine this amount directly, on the groundsthat that legislation allocates different values to insurance periods,a notional amount may be established. The Administrative Commission shall lay down the detailed arrangements for the determination of that notional amount. „

My question :1
    I would like see , how much calculate Invalididty pension each State where i worked & where can i send this question & get answer by letter

and

Article 50
    Provisional instalments and advance payment of benefit
    Notwithstanding Article 7 of the implementing Regulation,any institution which establishes, while investigating a claim forbenefits, that the claimant is entitled to an independent benefitunder the applicable legislation, in accordance withArticle 52(1)(a) of the basic Regulation, shall pay that benefitwithout delay. That payment shall be considered provisional if theamount might be affected by the result of the claim investigationprocedure
    My question :2
    How name have Provisional instalments and advance payment of benefit in Ireland when i weiting on decision

Each institution which is obliged to pay the provisional benefits or advance payment under paragraphs 1 or 2 shall informthe claimant without delay, specifically drawing his attention tothe provisional nature of the measure and any rights of appeal inaccordance with its legislation. „

My question :3
    When i can see how much EACH State ( institution ) pay this temporary payment , where can send this questions and get answer :)

A lots thanks for all :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11 she s

Probably nowhere can ask :0: Rolleyes:

So I ask if anyone versed in international pensions – two EU State
    For example
    women worked 17 years in another EU Member State then
    2.5 years in Ireland
    Ireland is the last country where he was insured
    All contributions in class A

in what way it will be calculated pro rata invalidity / international pension

I found :: Eek:

(A) Have a total of at least 260 weeks contributions paid since entry into insurance; (this total number is reduced to 156 if a person has been getting Illness Benefit continuously since 6 April 1986, or 208 if getting Illness Benefit continuously since 6 April 1987); and
    (B) Have 48 weeks*PRSI*paid or credited in the last complete tax year before the date of claim (Governing Contribution Year).
    PRSI*paid in classes A, E and H count. Credited contributions awarded following payment of contributions in these Classes can be used to satisfy the 48 contributions required in the Governing Contribution Year.
    Where a person does not satisfy the contributions conditions on Irish contributions alone, Social Insurance contributions paid in a country with which Ireland has a Bilateral Agreement may qualify a person for a Pro Rata Invalidity Pension. The rate of payment is calculated according to the pro-rata rules set out in the earlier section. Foreign contributions paid since 1953 are counted.
    However, if there are less than 52 reckonable Irish contributions paid or credited since the date of entry under Irish legislation, no pension is payable. In the agreements with Australia, Austria, Canada, Quebec and*UK, (as under*EU*legislation), where there are less than 52 contributions paid in the other country and a pension is not awarded by that country, the Irish pension is awarded on the sum of the two insurance records without the application of the pro-rata rule.
    If the person is residing in Ireland and is entitled to a higher rate of Illness Benefit, that person will be advised accordingly.
    Most of the agreements provide that a period of incapacity for work while resident in the other country will be counted as if it was in Ireland for the purpose of determining the period of incapacity. Although this is not stipulated in the Quebec agreement, the general principles of equal treatment should be understood to include this provision „

and „
    Calculation of Pro-rata payment
    Where there are insufficient insurance contributions under Irish legislation to create entitlement, and the pension is being awarded on the basis of the aggregate record, the rate of pension is calculated as follows:
    Step 1:
    The "notional pension" is calculated. Notional pension is that which would be payable if all reckonable social insurance contributions, both Irish and non-Irish, were treated as Irish contributions. The Irish and non-Irish contributions and reckonable credits are therefore added together and the total is then divided by the total number of years to get the yearly average number of contributions. The "notional pension" is the appropriate personal rate plus increase for qualified adult if applicable, not including child dependent increases, over 80 allowance or living alone allowance.
    Step 2:*The following formula is then used:
    (A x B) / C
    A = the notional rate of pension.
    B = the number of reckonable Irish contributions.
    C = the total number of reckonable contributions (Irish + foreign).
    This figure is then rounded up to the nearest partial rate in payment at time of calculation.
    Step 3:
    All appropriate increases, e.g. child dependent increases, over 80 allowance or living alone allowance, are then added at full rate. (NOTE: the bilateral agreements do not restrict payment of child dependent increases to the country of residence only.)
    Example (State Pension (Transition) claim):
    Total Irish Contributions **= *600

Total Contributions in bilateral country **= *1200

Total contributions (Irish + Foreign) **= *1800

Number of years **= *35

Yearly average counting foreign contributions = over 48.
    Step 1:*State Pension (Transition): Personal rate + Qualified Adult (over 66) = €372.10 (2008 rate)

Step 2:*Pro rata calculation: (372.10 X 600) / 1800 = €124.00

Step 3:*If the person is over 80 years of age, an additional €10.00 is payable, plus €7.70 if living alone.
    This figure is then rounded up to the nearest partial rate in payment.
    Additional Benefits:
    The additional benefits (e.g. fuel allowance and household benefits) are also paid at the standard rate where the person is residing in Ireland. Living alone allowance may also be paid abroad, on completion of the appropriate application.

http://www.welfare.ie/EN/OperationalGuidelines/Pages/bilateralguide.aspx#invaliditypens
    and nothing that I not understand : Confused:: Confused:: Eek:
    but still dont know , how many years will be used in the calculation
    all 19,5 (all added together ) ?????????or no ..: Eek:

Advertisement