Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rodrigo Y Bleedin Gobriella

• 05-07-2005 2:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,643 ✭✭✭

WTF is going on? Is the whole world on crack?

These 2 busking euro-rail student chancers with their clever-clever "we play Metallica and Dave Brubeck and Flamenco" shtick are higher on the bill than The Las, The Futureheads and Embrace. I'm amazed MCD didn't make James Brown support them.

Send these pony-tailed hippy drop-outs back to Spain and let's hope a rogue Franquist cell of Guardia Civil welcome them into the country with a vagrancy order and 2 weeks in the slammer.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,424 ✭✭✭joejoem

magpie wrote:
    These 2 busking euro-rail student chancers .

this line was funny, I think they are great though. Although I think they are more of a 3 in the afternoon thing than "Im so locked, lets go so Rodrigo & whats her face"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Repli

They're South American.. not Spanish.. and also Gabriela is kinda hot..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,643 ✭✭✭magpie

kinda

In the same way tramps are kinda heart surgeons
    South American

Excellent, then its definitely the rubber hose treatment when they get home

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭Zapho

I think they're class. Who cares what they play, its how they freakin play it! Fantastic speed. And Gabriela is hot! (There's somethin about a woman who players guitar, just like Charlotte from Ash)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭BogOak

they're mexican actually. and gabriela is a ride.

• Advertisement

Do you think they're sufficiently 'class' to be further up the bill than The La's and The Futureheads?

Gariella looks like Pete Townshend in a wig.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭BogOak

know nothing about the la's or the futureheads. indie rock? boring. i won't be wasting my time with r & g either though. especially, as someone rightly pointed out, when its late and i'm wrecked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭Zapho

Why listen to the same old stuff. A bit of change never hurt anyone. I've never heard of "The La's" or "The Futureheads" so I can't really compare. But the last time r & g played Dolans in Limerick, the tickets sold out for all 3 gigs. You have to admit they are excellent musicians.
    And you cannot tell me she's not hot
    http://www.rodgab.com/press_shots/pic_roomshot6.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

I agree with what you (magpie) are saying but not the way you are saying it (youd a good point muddied by internet rage).

As it happens I think they are too high billed for their own good. They will have attracted a much better crowd early on, especially from the curious. As it is they'll probably find a lot of people will head to one of the bigger names they clash with instead of them. Thats presuming the running times / order that are floating around are in anyway accurate.

Anyway heres a hot tip. See who you like and take the oppurtunity when Rodrigo y Gabriella play to get a few beers / see something new or perhaps actually give them a chance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,537 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Yeah, give them a chance. Saw them the last time in Dolans and really enjoyed the gig (despite the intention of not enjoying them!). They're bloody talented musicians, and fair play to them for getting top billing over the latest new-new-wave brit-pop-rock BS.

• Advertisement

Yes, yes, I've seen them play. Every lunchtime on Grafton Street for a year or two, then to bored punters in the sugar club at 8.00 pm before the entertainment started. Hence my amazement at their artificially high billing.

I can't believe that so many of you have never even heard of The Las. http://rateyourmusic.com/view_album_details/album_id_is_1229

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭gaf1983

Why do the La's have an apostrophe in their name? They may have some cracking tunes, but that's no excuse for poor grammar. Dorks.

Because the apostrophe denotes an abbreviation of "The Lads". Dork.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 240 ✭✭humbleCounty

no it doesnt, The Las stand for the way people in liverpool say "la" so much, "you going to the pub la" etc

i would probably rate The Las higher than R&G but that R&G gig was one of the best i saw at glasto really really good, whereas The Las were class, but not really that great of a show.

Thing is as well, The Las released their album over 10 years ago and have done nowt since, but r n g are on their way up...

Both bands would be better suited to smaller venues though me thinks (or at least tents) but they could well be playing in tents at oxefest i dont know

no it doesnt, The Las stand for the way people in liverpool say "la" so much, "you going to the pub la" etc

yes, and "La" is a Liverpool contraction of "Lad"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,435 ✭✭✭weemcd

2 incredibly talented musicians.

2 incredibly talented musicians.

Their bass player and drummer weren't bad either, but enough about The Las.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 blabla

Where are the la's from?

and what time are r&g on at? I think they are unreal but you prob couldnt
    take more than 30mins of them drunk at a festival as you need
    some good anthems or some good house beats do dance to.

Advertisement