Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Live8 act so far

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭RVN10

we can onli hope

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭anthonymcg

Robbie was the first act I saw to truly get the crowd going. Magnificent performer.

True

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,032 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Coldplay, Keane,Robbie Williams(as he really knows how to work a crowd), and PINK FLOYD were unreal.

I am going mad I missed Snow Patrol, heard they were outstanding.

This has truely been a brilliant Gig, maybe even the best ever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭JimboPope

Pink Floyd stole the show, you would never have thought they were away for that long, blinding performance.
    What I wouldn't give to have them do one more tour....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 267 ✭✭C Fodder

The only really impressive act Pink Floyd (not bad for a bunch of wrinklies)

Some of the rest were dire.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,549 ✭✭✭scuba steve

Robbie was the best along with U2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 744 ✭✭✭angry_fox

They showing some acts from early in the day on rte 2 now, Snow Patrol were excellent.
    The Who, Paul McCartney were fantastic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭Mr Rivers

Pink Floyd! I aint a huge fan but after that performance ya gotta say they're ****in excellent!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,690 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

U2 by far,they make everyone else seem like amateurs.
    Annie Lennox was good,greenday were good but what about the swearing lol.
    Pity U2 had to fly out to another packed stadium in Vienna,would have been so much better when darkness fell.
    Almost forgot about Coldplay,really good performance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,220 ✭✭✭Davey Devil

Pink Floyd WOW. Nobody can be mentioned in the same breath as them. I can die happy now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭Superman

eh wha!

I went online to find out what the craic is with this live 8 thing! i'm over here in vancouver and i taught it would be on tv too but it wasn't tv over here is too-localized, its basically like a tv version of the southside/northside people or the western people.
    I am yet to hear any international news! ah well hopefully the new house will have a tv with cable at lease i'll get some sort of news, well if you call cnn news !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭Superman

does anyone have it on dvd i'd like to give it a watch

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

Green Day were for me the best act of the day. Great songs and exploded in the Germans faces...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭LundiMardi

Pink Floyd were easily the best act. No one can challenge them, U2 could learn a thing or two from Pink Floyd.

Snow Patrol were fúckin awful!!!!

I have to admit, Stereophonics were one of the best acts too, i'm not a fan but Kyle/kylie whatever his name is but he gave a brilliant performance when he sang 'maybe tomorro i'll find my way home' song(can't remember the actual song name.)

• Registered Users, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,515 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

gandalf wrote:
    Pink Floyd are definately no1 by a long long shot !!!! God please let them reunite and come to Ireland !!!

Agreed , For this act alone , I think Bob Geldof should be made a Saint . :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,144 ✭✭✭samo

Wouldnt be very familiar with Pink Floyd (a little bit before my time TBH) but have to say they were fantastic, now they are true musicians, after all those years and recriminations etc and to produce a perfomance of that quality is something special.

Unfortunately to follow it up with the encore and to allow Mariah Carey back on stage was a bit of a letdown and shame it didnt just finish with Pink Floyd really as would have been a perfect ending!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭LundiMardi

I just switched over after Pink Floyd, Maccers couldn't have topped that and i didn't want him ruining it for me. Pink Floyd should have closed the show.

To be honest, i have to admit, Pink Floyd had soo much chemistry on stage and they truly seem to be having the time of their lives. I think they would be stupid to leave it at that.

I predict the mother of all tours.

One of the best concerts

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

The Floyd were awesome, so of the other acts that stick out were velvet revolver(deadly) and Pete Doherty ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15 VarneyVampire

:D The Who and Pink Floyd in a class of their own.
    The old ones are always the best.

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭The Cannibal

Surprised at everyone drooling over Floyd. I thought they were definitely good but didn't think they were miles better than the rest of the night, I thought pretty much everyone was good excet Snow Patrol. McCartney was perfect for closing I think, he is one of the true legends in the world and gave a perfect performance on the night and I was even shocked to see him perform Helter Skelter live.

McCartney was my favourite on the night followed by Razorlight. Madonna was much better than I was expecting, she's usually god awful live.

The UK end was fantastic but the American version sucked major donkey balls and didn't seem to have the same flow as the UK one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭Delphi91

Anyone see the banner/sign that someone in the crowd was holding up?

It had a picture of the Pink Floyd pig from the album cover with the words:

"Pink Floyd Reunite - Pigs have flown"

What a brilliant banner - very clever humour.

Oh and Floyd were gob-smackingly BRILLIANT!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,450 ✭✭✭Blisterman

Pink Floyd were probebly the best, but the band I was most excited to see was The Who.
    Worst was probebly Ms Dynamite or Razorlight, for relative obscurity and Mariah Carey for being Crap

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,690 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

People seem to think the floyd were the best dut in all probability its because they havent seen them in such a long time that they seemed fresh and new.
    U2,coldplay etc we are all well used to seeing them in action.
    Yas are all caught up in the romance of pink floyd is all :)

Advertisement