Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bus Eireann and Oxegen

Options
  • 02-07-2005 5:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭

Ok guys, I need some advice here. I'm taking my wee sister to oxegen this year, and I intend to go via Bus Eireann from Parnell Sq. Acording to their website, on Saturday, there will be buses every 20 mins from 10 am onwards.

Has anyone any advice to offer on this? Is it advisable to get tickets beforehand? Will it be easy to get a bus, and what is it like returning at night?

thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,056 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

dudara wrote:
    Ok guys, I need some advice here. I'm taking my wee sister to oxegen this year, and I intend to go via Bus Eireann from Parnell Sq. Acording to their website, on Saturday, there will be buses every 20 mins from 10 am onwards.

Has anyone any advice to offer on this? Is it advisable to get tickets beforehand? Will it be easy to get a bus, and what is it like returning at night?

thanks in advance.

Is it not Dublin Bus that do this ? Anywho the buses are very easy to get and you can get a ticket there and then. I think they are 20 euro return.

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭anthonymcg

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

anthonymcg wrote:

I have all that. I'm looking for personal experience of such buses and any tips that people might have.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 My Name IsJonas

try sit downstairs if you're not in the mood for school trip type 'craic'.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭eoinf

try sit downstairs if you're not in the mood for school trip type 'craic'.

or piss and beer rolling around the floor

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

eoinf wrote:
    or piss and beer rolling around the floor

Lovely!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭D-Generate

I was on the buses last year.

It would be best to stay downstairs if there is a kid with you because last year on the top floor it got pretty messy. Fair share of drunk people but a good atmosphere.
    On the way back it didn't really matter where you were because everyone was so tired they mostly slept.

I had my tickets in advance and could just walk on to the bus and there was no waiting around.

Advertisement