Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's this style called?

Options
  • 24-07-2015 12:06am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭

So I got my first tattoo a few months back and I'm delighted with it. I brought the design to the artist and they said it was an Aztec mandala. In my opinion it looks more Asian like, Buddhist lotus almost. The tattoo on the inner arm is mine. I'm looking for the style of tattoo it is aswel as the other tattoo pictured below. I want to spread my tattoo up my shoulder and start a sleeve. If you have any idea what the art style is I'd thoroughly appreciate it. Thanks ðŸ‘ðŸ»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

its a mandela. it's all the rage now so the artist will know after doing a **** ton of them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭FooFighters

its a mandela. it's all the rage now so the artist will know after doing a **** ton of them

The main problem is I want a style similar to the one on the woman's leg so I can travel it around.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

just say I want more tattoos in the same style as this then point to the one on your arm

• Site Banned Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭Second Toughest in_the Freshers

looks like Paisley to me

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Nope, not even slightly like paisley! They're both Mandala 'style' tattoos, the second has an almost fractal quality to the bits coming off it.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭Second Toughest in_the Freshers

google image search paisley tattoo, first result

*edit, doesn't seem to like linking...

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Also comes up under Mandala tattoo.
    I think it certainly shares elements with Paisley, but the main flower bit of the second one looks more mandala to me.

Advertisement