Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mitsubishi Delica L300 or L400

• 22-09-2014 5:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭

Hi,

Maybe somebody has some experience with importing Delica as commercial and converting it into campervan. I will be grateful for your input then!

As far as I can see on the revenue webpage there is no option to import it as a private owner bit only as commercial and rates are excellent 125-300 euro. Can I do it as private person. Should I then convert it to private car prior to campervan conversion or can I pay commercial tax? What about insurance then? I am really confused :)

The other issue is... can I convert it to the campervan at all?

I really like the idea of having 4x4 campervan with the benefit of paying lower tax and insurance. The car would be used for weekend escapes all over Ireland / England + once a ear 3 weeks on and off road (light) holidays to Europe.

thanks
    p

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭Aidan_M_M

What about a 4x4 Transit or european van?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 478 ✭✭Stella Virgo

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭africates

Hi. It looks like it is even harder to find one than good Mitsubishi... and I think I am really after Delica... don't know which model though... as need to clear it with revenue....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,029 ✭✭✭spaceHopper

If you import from outside the EU you get hit for vat I'd see if I could find a mazda bongo first and what ever you do check you can insure it first

Or how about this http://www.pickndrive.com/car-details.aspx?id=gal3c5J8EpIjYsZ

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭africates

is the height rule still in place when registering / converting to campervans?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 660 ✭✭✭Moomat

africates wrote: »
    is the height rule still in place when registering / converting to campervans?

The official line from Revenue at the moment is that it should comprise of living accomadation high enough for a person of average height to stand.

If you look about 15 threads down o the motorhome page you see a thread called 1.8m rule back. Plenty of opinions there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,029 ✭✭✭spaceHopper

Found my old costing from when I imported a camper from Japan, whatevery you do don't forget there is VAT on all second hand goods from out side the EU.

Camper Van Cost in euro

Agents Deposit 568
    Finders Fee 397.6
    Balance of Deposit 170.4
    Shipping 1226.88
    FOB Auction Price 3851.04
    FOB Price 5248.32
    Duty & VAT 1696.83

Customs Clearence Agent 100
    Dublin Port Fee 125
    VRT (13.5% of 10K) 1330
    Total Cost 8897.75