Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Euro 2008 Gameweek 2 + fantasy league talk

• 11-06-2008 12:15am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭

This thread is for the second round of games for Euro 2008 from both the usual prediction perspective (in red) and for the fantasy league. (in blue)
    and any other comment/analysis (in black)

Portugal Vs Czech Republic
    2-1, confident of Portugal win
    Portugese defenders look good especially pepe for 7, ferreria and boswinga are also 7, carvalho at 7.5 is only worth it if u think he is a possible scorer or motm.
    Ronaldo at 14 is too expensive for me.
    Moutinho at 7 is cheap but i would stick with defenders I think.

I wouldnt pick any czech players agaisnt portugal, maybe galasek at 6 is cheap, koller might be main threat

Switzerland Vs. Turkey
    0-2 Swiss will battle well but concede and then struggle to keep spirit
    Turkish goalkeeper may be cheap wouldn't really look at this match

Croatia Vs Germany
    1-2 Germans to edge it
    ITs hard to predict where the german goals will come from as ballack, podolski, klose and gomez are all capable, Klose is prob best as he makes so much assists. Hard to know if podolski will keep up his performance and will the fromation stay the same.
    For Croatia I would worry for them against the germans, if anything happens it should be through Modric.

Austria Vs. Poland

0-3 Poland to be too strong
    The question here is to go for the very cheap defenders who may well get a clean sheet - Golanski at 5 for eg started last match, or go for the attackers dudka is a very important player for the poles and at 5.5 is good value

Italy Vs Romania
    2-1 Italy will bounce back
    Hard to know where the goals are going to come from Toni at 12 points seems overpriced considering goals appear just as likely from di natle/cassano/del piero, Donadoni may well make several changes so make sure your chosen players will start. I wouldnt bank on their expensive defence
    Mutu at 8.5 may be worth a bet.

holland Vs. France
    2-0 Holland to do it again despite it been a much tougher match

Harder to call this match, I wouldnt bank on either defence,
    sneijders attacks should go through Sneijder and looks good value even at 10 points.
    Henry may be back for france and so anelka or benzema may be dropped,
    Nasri should play in my opinion but may not.
    I will prob stay away except for sneijder

Sweden Vs. Spain
    0-3 Spain are too strong
    Despite his impressive display fabregas is still not guaranteed to start,
    front pairing of torres and villa might be best bet.
    Too hard to say where assists will come from in midfield Xavi ran the show today but got just 2 points, between him iniesta, fabregas and silva u cant get good value for assists so stick to front two.
    Ibrahimovis is always lethal but maybe its not the right time to pick him

Greece Vs. Russia
    0-1 Greece will lose spirit to recovering russian side
    Pavlyuchenko at 7 points is a good, good value striker, could also consider russian defenders

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

Portugal Vs Czech Republic
    1-0. can't see past a portugese win alright, but i think they'll play quite conservatively as the Crotians do have some handy players. 1-0 for me
    time to abandon Czech for a game methinks.

Switzerland Vs. Turkey
    1-1. Can't see the Swiss losing to such a poor side on home soil

Croatia Vs Germany
    0-2 Germans to edge it
    time to drop Corluka. even with their defensive weaknesses Germany are just to organised imo for Croatia to break down. also, Modric picked up a knock the last game, he'll start but i don't think he'll have a great game.

Austria Vs. Poland

0-0. Can't see where Poland's goals are going to come from. Austria lack the playing talent, but they looked very well organised against the croatians the last day.

Italy Vs Romania
    1-0. Italy to just edge it in their typical fashion.
    Del Peiro perhaps? Toni was so awful Donadoni surely can't be thinking of persisting with him? and even as an impact sub Del piero is probably the Italian most likely to score. I have Pirlo in my team aswell due to his threat from set pieces.

holland Vs. France
    1-1.I really have difficulty with this. France have a sh*t manager in Domenech, but they have enough quality all around to easily see off the Dutch imo on a good day. It all depends on how the astrologer in chief approaches the game imo. i'll sit on the fence with a score draw.
    I think i'll keep both Sniejder and Benzema in my teams. both were the most threatening players for their teams the last day. one of them will do something i'd hazard.

Sweden Vs. Spain
    0-2. don't think Sweden will even try to tin, just contain.
    gambled on Iniesta today and it paid off. it'll be either him or Xavi. just can't decide.

Greece Vs. Russia
    0-0. hard to call. the Greek are so negative they could easily stifle the game, and the Russians on evidence of today have little threat on Goal. i'll go with nil all.
    Zhirkov looked lively today, might be good for an assist down that left flank.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

Arsharvin is suspended for that match too I thought.
    Rte commentators may have confused.

Arsharvin is suspended for that match too I thought.
    Rte commentators may have confused.

**** you're right. i'd read 1 somewhere on this forum :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,898 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Four transfers for me this game week.

Out: Huntelaar, Benzema, Ujfalusi, Srna

In: Villa, Pavluychenko, Sneijder, Boulahrouz

I now have a midfield of Xavi, Ronaldo and Sneijder so should be some goals/assists in there and all should make the latter stages. Keeping Gomez in as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭genericgoon

Might wildcard Mellberg out with the Spanish coming to town. Might go for a Pole or a Russian.

• Advertisement

well, i've made me transfers for this week.

out: Cech, Corluka, Mellberg, Krankjar
    in: Boruc, Bak, Shirkov, Xavi.

it makes sense in my head, but knowing me i'll probably regret this badly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,822 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Out: Kovac, Ballack, Baros, Hernick

In: Klose, Pavluychenko, Inler, Golanski

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,698 ✭✭✭IrishMike

Took out quaresma and swapped him for Deco.
    6 mins into the match Deco scores, outstanding!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

damn the portugese defence,
    boswinga doesn't look world class enough for chelsea, mind you neither did Sergio Ramos, dani Alves is a barca player, who will united get?, wrong thread.

Advertisement