Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ploughing championships

Options
  • 17-09-2014 7:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭

Just wondering, have any of you taken a camper to the ploughing championships and stayed the night before going in.

Was there any advantage in relation to taking the car on the day.

Was there a bit of craic or were you just stuck in a field

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,741 ✭✭✭Irishgoatman

I'm also thinking along your lines. Let's hope you get some replies.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,730 ✭✭✭meercat

Went to athy a few years back and parked in the car park overnight. . No one else about after dark. Didn't bother me though. May have been others in different car parks.

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭shovel

meercat wrote: »
    Went to athy a few years back and parked in the car park overnight. . No one else about after dark. Didn't bother me though. May have been others in different car parks.

I have gone to the ploughing a good few times by car.
    It seems to finish up about 5-6 pm
    If you arrive there at that time and you are attending the following day........
    I just wonder is it just sitting in a field or is there some craic around
    Maybe it only makes sense if you are attending more than one day?

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭shovel

Just to add, that there seems to be a dedicated campervan area

http://www.npa.ie/exhibitors-2/site-map-and-traffic-plan

• Registered Users Posts: 18 finyar

Yes, you are correct there is a dedicated camper area.

My understanding is that to use it you must register your details on the NPA website and conform to their regulations such as parking a certain distance from the next van, no BBQ's, you must carry a fire blanket and fire extinguisher etc.

Check out their website

Raymond

• Advertisement

I sent them, through their website, an email asking about the parking, charges etc, and so far no reply. That was 2 days ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭moodrater

I sent them, through their website, an email asking about the parking, charges etc, and so far no reply. That was 2 days ago.

With 200k visitors I bet they get at least 100k emails from all over the world from people that have no intention of attending and 999999k spam so I'd advise you to pick up the phone if you want a reply.

Our friends in Timahoe had two campers in their drive last year and 9 staying for b&b they had a ball.

moodrater wrote: »
    With 200k visitors I bet they get at least 100k emails from all over the world from people that have no intention of attending and 999999k spam so I'd advise you to pick up the phone if you want a reply.

Our friends in Timahoe had two campers in their drive last year and 9 staying for b&b they had a ball.

Now why didn't I think of that!!

Hold on, just remembered I did and their line was engaged, which is why I sent an email to the address that they advertise on their website as a way to contact them.

I posted earlier, following finyar's post #6, because I found nothing on their website concerning campers other than showing where the parking area is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭moodrater

http://www.motorhomecraic.com/forum/topic.php?t=6810&page=2
    "You can park overnight in the campervan / caravan site.
    This is an un-serviced site so I advise you bring your own water, etc. but there will be portaloo facilities.
    If you wish to do so can you please complete the attached form and return so that I have record of your intention to stay there."
    Also as you rightly said you must register your vehicle in advance and parking is free, generators are not allowed due to fire risk. So getting the wellies out for hopefully a decent couple of days.

Advertisement