Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to buy rollerblades?

Options
  • 11-06-2014 8:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭

Not sure if this is the best forum to post this, but does anyone know anywhere I can buy men's rollerblades in Blanchardstown (or nearby) or Dublin city centre?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

1986? :pac:

lol, sorry couldn't resist.

you might get them in smyths or possibly even one of the bigger sports outlets like lifestyle or elverys?

there's three to try anyway, all in the same part of the SC too. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭rawn

Pretty much the same response I gave my bf when he asked me :pac:

I tried all the sports shops just there, Smyths was closed will try tomorrow, just was thinking they might just have kids sizes. ty :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,494 ✭✭✭daymobrew

Symths have roller blades and it looks like they stock up to adult size 10. (roller skates seem to go up to adult size 13)

Went into smyths yesterdayand they said they only carry up to a uk size 7, despite what it says on the site. Phooey

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭ClubDead

I know from looking around for roller skates a while back, that there aren't any places in D15 that sell them. The nearest is Skate City in Temple Bar, its on the same street as The Bad Ass cafe.

• Advertisement

Deadly thanks, do you remember if their prices were on the higher end of the scale or were they reasonable? No website for it, but will pop in tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭ClubDead

Compared to the type you could buy in Smiths (if you could get your size), they are more expensive. But you get what you pay for, adults need sturdier, stronger skates so I would say you will pay between 70 - how large your budget ranges. I bought roller skates, not blades, and the most basic pair of of decent quality skates cost me 150euro. Don't forget wrist, knee and elbow pads! I know a few people that fecked themselves up by not wearing them.

Just found this website that has a store in Tallaght if your willing to travel, they seem to have a huge selection of blades....they look a lot cheaper than Skate City too. Might be worth a visit http://www.gosk8.ie/9-roller-skates-ireland

Advertisement