Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Contents Insurance for Rented House

Options
  • 02-04-2010 11:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭

I'm moving to Dublin soon and wondering who would be the best to get house insurance (contents only) from. I've had home insurance with FBD before but I seem to be excluded from them because the four of us living in the house are not family.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭lotsofthegreen

I'm moving to Dublin soon and wondering who would be the best to get house insurance (contents only) from. I've had home insurance with FBD before but I seem to be excluded from them because the four of us living in the house are not family.

aib.ie through www.pigsback.com and you should get 2000 piggypoints! i think there reasonable

hope this helps

• Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

Doesn't help I'm afraid. AIB quote terms & conditions state the property must be occupied solely by me or members of my immediate family.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,554 ✭✭✭✭alwaysadub

Hi,
    I was in Ulster Bank yesterday paying my rent, and the girl behind the counter was telling me they do content insurance.
    Can't see anything myself in the T & C to say it has to be all family living in the house..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭oldyouth

It should be obtainable as long as your have your own secured area and cover would be resrticed to that zone. Otherwise I think it will be difficult.

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,905 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

BOI do it, however the excess is higher than it would be with a standard insurance policy. You can call them on 1890 604 604, it would probably be quicker than applying online because setting up a policy of this sort is a bit more complicated.

• Advertisement
Advertisement