Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Week 9 Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,967 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Just too easy for the Saints.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,016 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

Saints should win the division from here, and will have a home game to kick off their playoff run. Weird to think how badly the first 8 games have gone compared to expectation, and its still likely they'll be 2 games away from a Superbowl in Jan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,383 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Not a great week to be up against Ingram in fantasy. Sigh.

Cam did great for his rushing TD but his throws were all over the place pretty much all game. Does he think all his receivers are 7ft tall? Constantly sails it over their heads. Actually think he could dial down the velocity a bit. He throws it so hard that there is very little margin for error.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Cam did great for his rushing TD but his throws were all over the place pretty much all game. Does he think all his receivers are 7ft tall? Constantly sails it over their heads. Actually think he could dial down the velocity a bit. He throws it so hard that there is very little margin for error.

His poor passing really stood out for me also. He was 10/28 for the night, or only completed 35% of his passes. Way too much velocity on quite a few of his passes and as you said, most were too high. No point in having a strong arm in you haven't got the touch to control it and deliver it just right to the target.

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭nasty_crash

what were they saying about him last night - all the talent in his legs but none in his arm!! Not a fan of mr newton - i know he hasnt a great receiver set around him but hes throwing was crazy bad! i suppose we wouldnt say that if he had a bryant, jones, megatron to throw at but still he should be doing better

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,768 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

what were they saying about him last night - all the talent in his legs but none in his arm!! Not a fan of mr newton - i know he hasnt a great receiver set around him but hes throwing was crazy bad! i suppose we wouldnt say that if he had a bryant, jones, megatron to throw at but still he should be doing better

Part of the problem is if you throw it to their hands and they bat it up for the opposition to pick it you want to make sure it's impossible to pick from then on. He has probably the worst collective unit on offence with him in the league. Look how good he was last season with smith

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

He's not the perfect thrower but he was throwing some very catchable balls to his receivers. I don't think people would excuse the drops by saying the ball was going too fast if it was Peyton Manning at QB.

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭Putin

matthew8 wrote: »
    He's not the perfect thrower but he was throwing some very catchable balls to his receivers. I don't think people would excuse the drops by saying the ball was going too fast if it was Peyton Manning at QB.

I don't think Manning has ever been accused of putting too much power and velocity on a pass. Cam looked like he was trying to kill his WR's with some of the balls he threw. And the dropped pass in the end zone was ridiculous. He threw the ball so hard, it ricocheted of the WR's chest and landed 10-15 feet away. The guy had no chance of holding onto that ball. Anyway, I'm happy the Saints won and that's all that matters to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Putin wrote: »
    I don't think Manning has ever been accused of putting too much power and velocity on a pass. Cam looked like he was trying to kill his WR's with some of the balls he threw. And the dropped pass in the end zone was ridiculous. He threw the ball so hard, it ricocheted of the WR's chest and landed 10-15 feet away. The guy had no chance of holding onto that ball. Anyway, I'm happy the Saints won and that's all that matters to me.

He was throwing the ball to hard, but that dropped pass in the end zone was completely on Benjamin - complete exaggeration to say it landed 10-15 feet away.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭Areyouwell

Billy86 wrote: »
    He was throwing the ball to hard, but that dropped pass in the end zone was completely on Benjamin - complete exaggeration to say it landed 10-15 feet away.

No need to be pedantic. From memory I also thought the ball landed about 10 -12 feet away. So I just looked at the replay and it was probably more 7 feet away. Totally uncatchable pass imo.

Areyouwell wrote: »
    No need to be pedantic. From memory I also thought the ball landed about 10 -12 feet away. So I just looked at the replay and it was probably more 7 feet away. Totally uncatchable pass imo.

It's not pedantry though, that one was a hard pass but it hit him in the numbers. He was putting way too much into a lot of his other throws (and Collinsworth's (I think it was) point that when he misses, he misses high from a few weeks back is a prime example of that) but that was a very good pass into the chest that Benjamin should have brought down. It of a moot point all in all though, since he managed to scramble for a TD on the very next play.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,183 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Tony Romo reportedly out today against Arizona. Brandon Weedon set to start

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭me89

B1culeDCQAA42zA.png

woo hooo jason kelce back today its going to be a good day

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,248 ✭✭✭✭BoJack Horseman

me89 wrote: »
    B1culeDCQAA42zA.png

Snow game.

Love it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,446 ✭✭✭glued

Snow games suck - There I said it. The Eagles - Lions last year was an insufferable disaster.

me89 wrote: »
    B1culeDCQAA42zA.png

While Brady has often been great in bad weather. I think this really suits the Broncos more. The bad weather could lead to a bigger emphasis on the run game. The Broncos have the best run defense in the league, the Pats have one of the worst. This kind of weather was the last thing I wanted.

glued wrote: »
    Snow games suck - There I said it. The Eagles - Lions last year was an insufferable disaster.

they can be as a fan there was a few things happened in that game that i hated but its nice to see how teams adjust to it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,052 ✭✭✭poldebruin

Snow games can be interesting, but i think a lot were hoping to use this as a yardstick game for both teams. I don't think we'll know much more either way now. Hopefully there will be no major injuries.

feck sake longest hour ever i thought the games where starting at 5 due to the time change

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,365 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

woo hooo jason kelce back today its going to be a good day

Get in. A beast of a man.

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Get in. A beast of a man.

damn right the only thing that worries me is todd h is more or less blocking with one arm.......... against jj watt :(. still thought lesean and sproles will be insane either from this week or next week with the return of mathis.

i maintain the left side of our line healthy (peters,mathis,kelce) is the best side of any o-line in the nfl to run behind and its not particularly close in my opinion

feck sake longest hour ever i thought the games where starting at 5 due to the time change

Me too. I always get caught out after the clock change.

Jacksonville Jaguars @ Cincinnati Bengals
    Cleveland Browns
    New York Jets @ Kansas City Chiefs
    Arizona Cardinals @ Dallas Cowboys
    San Diego Chargers @ Miami Dolphins
    Philadelphia Eagles @ Houston Texans
    Washington Redskins @ Minnesota Vikings
    St Louis Rams @ San Francisco 49ers
    Oakland Raiders @ Seattle Seahawks
    Denver Broncos @ New England Patriots

mother of god cardinals if you lose this game ill be sick

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,248 ✭✭✭✭BoJack Horseman

RG3 takes a scary looking sack, bending the leg.

Thus far his knee has appeared to survive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,365 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

There we go. 7-0 eagles.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Whosthis

Impressive first drive and a TD Miami.

Coradelle Patterson all alone about to catch a 60 yard bomb. Nobody within over 20 yards of him, ready to catch the ball inside the 25 yards line.

Gives up on the play.

think thats beau alleys first sack love that guy really want him to succeed

• Advertisement

The New York Jets Travelling Comedy Roadshow continues! :D

The New York Jets Travelling Comedy Roadshow continues! :D

what happened

ya I'm starting to get sick of having to worrying every time nick foles throws a deep ball

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

The 4th down fail, which made very little sense, for the Chargers has really bitten them in the ass here from a mental POV I think, a huge boost to the Dolphins for no good reason.

what happened

Chiefs passed from Jets 2 yard line but wasn't going anywhere and Fasano at TE fell over right beside the line. Jets lineman tips the pass away, only it falls straight towards the ground... and into Fasanos hands on the way there. Jets player dived in to stop it but missed both Fasano and the ball, leaving him to basically roll into the end zone.

It was such a standard Jets play that you would have had to have seen it to believe it.

Chiefs passed from Jets 2 yard line but wasn't going anywhere and Fasano at TE fell over right beside the line. Jets lineman tips the pass away, only it falls straight towards the ground... and into Fasanos hands on the way there. Jets player dived in to stop it but missed both Fasano and the ball, leaving him to basically roll into the end zone.

It was such a standard Jets play that you would have had to have seen it to believe it.

they really are the closest an nfl franchise can come to being slapstick comedy

mark sanchez in for philly

well thats a bull**** call unsportsman like conduct my ass

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Hello Mark Sanchez

• Advertisement

mark sanchez first drive first td go on the sanchize

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭MoyVilla9

Sanchez dealing. Geno inactive. Vick struggling.

MoyVilla9 wrote: »

jets in a nutshell

MoyVilla9 wrote: »

You spoke to soon, Vick is dealing and Sanchez is throwing an interception now.

You spoke to soon, Vick is dealing and Sanchez is throwing an interception now.

to be fair that was not a bad interception to throw josh huff should have gotten it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Whosthis

Tannehill may yet make an NFL QB.

• Advertisement

to be fair that was not a bad interception to throw josh huff should have gotten it

Yeah, i was a bit harsh, huff really needs to hold on to the ball

Yeah, i was a bit harsh, huff really needs to hold on to the ball

hes had piss poor hands all year but good god can he get yac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

Chargers being absolutely blown out about to be 20-0, they have to kick off in the second half too.

good stuff mark sanchez managed to both scramble and avoid his lineman's ass :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭Tristram

Some shocking stuff from Browns there not calling a time-out after Hoyer was sacked. Could be going for a TD here instead of a FG.

• Advertisement
Advertisement