Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First Time Buyer looking for advices in Dublin 15,Cheers

Options
  • 24-05-2014 3:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 30

hello.

Guys.

I have checked two property,its in Meadow Copse, Clonsilla, Dublin 15 and Pinebrook Heights, Clonsilla, Dublin 15

Can I ask that as a foreigner living there. Is that a safe area? ANy robbery or kids moving around try to find some trouble?

Also Ongar village as well,there are few houses around ongar. It seems a lot of multi national people living there.

I appreciate your help.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭robertxxx

<SNIP>

• Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭horse7

Seems to be burgularies everywhere nowadays,you should check in with blanchardstown garda station and ask about the areas you are interested in,they would have the crime reports and local knowledge.

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Twizzler

qdducky wrote: »
    hello.

Guys.

I have checked two property,its in Meadow Copse, Clonsilla, Dublin 15 and Pinebrook Heights, Clonsilla, Dublin 15

Can I ask that as a foreigner living there. Is that a safe area? ANy robbery or kids moving around try to find some trouble?

Also Ongar village as well,there are few houses around ongar. It seems a lot of multi national people living there.

I appreciate your help.

I have lived in Ongar for a long time and as yet, my house has not been robbed (I hope I don't jinx myself now saying that!). However, I have communal parking and I have experienced frequent damage to my car - blocks thrown through the window, things scraped into it, etc. It could of course happen anywhere - just telling you my experience to date. Re kids moving around trying to find trouble - well, there are large gangs of teenagers moving around the village and surrounding areas quite a lot in the summer months. I can't say for sure they are consistently causing trouble because I haven't seen them causing trouble with my own eyes. Re Clonsilla, I have no experience of the places you mentioned, sorry. You might well be sorted by now, and if so, best of luck. If not and you are still interested in Ongar, please feel free to PM me if you have any specific questions.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 7,794 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

Twizzler wrote: »
    I have lived in Ongar for a long time and as yet, my house has not been robbed (I hope I don't jinx myself now saying that!). However, I have communal parking and I have experienced frequent damage to my car - blocks thrown through the window, things scraped into it, etc. It could of course happen anywhere - just telling you my experience to date. Re kids moving around trying to find trouble - well, there are large gangs of teenagers moving around the village and surrounding areas quite a lot in the summer months. I can't say for sure they are consistently causing trouble because I haven't seen them causing trouble with my own eyes.

I'm in one of the housing estates around Ongar Village, there seems to be a good mix of nationalities round here.

Touch wood I've yet to see this roving pack of wild car bricking teenagers. I'm not saying it doesn't happen, but I think they stick to near the park and along the old Hansfield Road.

Advertisement