Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

prevention is better

• 20-06-2012 3:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭

Theres been a load of burglaries in the area lately( and in the whole country by all accounts.)eg my 76 year old neighbour woke at 6 am they other morning to a noise.she went down stairs to find a scum bag standing in her living room.luckily for her he ran.
    Has anyone got any tips on how to burgle proof your home , besides the obvious locks and alarms.booby traps etc even made up ones.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭allibastor

put the last one , dead, over the front door. it works on crows who like to take shiny things so why not scum bags. you have to assume they have the same mental capacity.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭FatherLen

claymore mines

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭JohnMarston

A dog that barks at intruders. A big one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭Bad Panda

Grab yo' glock! Burglars be trippin'.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,661 ✭✭✭General Zod

knock down all your interior walls, brick up your windows and turn your house into a two story panic room.

Then never leave your house and sell all posessions so there's nothing to steal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Guill

Buy a shotgun.

Put a "I will not hesitate to blow your ****ing head off" sign on each window with a picture of you blowing the head off a nun.

Should do it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

Just watch a documentary called "Home Alone". It has all the information that you need.

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭validusername1

You can get fake CCTV cameras for your house. They're cheap. People are a lot less likely to try to rob a house if they see or think there is camera on the front of it or inside it! See here http://www.henrys.co.uk/cctv/dummy.htm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Become homeless.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 669 ✭✭✭mongoman

Bad Panda wrote: »
    Grab yo' glock! Burglars be trippin'.

Masturbating at a burglar will achieve nothing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

Buy a rocking chair and sit outside your front door all day every day gently carressing your shotgun while saying "soon my pretty, soon".

Yes it will be time consuming and you will probably go quite mad but at least you wont be burgled.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭Shane732

prevention is better - always practice safe sex and wear sunscreen.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

A sign stating the following:

"These premises are under the protection of Liam Neeson."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,293 ✭✭✭1ZRed

FatherLen wrote: »
    claymore mines

He could be using the "lightweight" perk and just run passed them unharmed.

Best bet is to use C4s and hope you get a kill streak for a predator missile

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

crazygeryy wrote: »
    booby traps etc even made up ones.
    Man-traps are illegal as far as I know.
    Which is a pity because I have some million-dollar ideas.

Make your staircase into an escalator, it looks just like normal stairs and doesn't move until it detects someone climbing up, when they're half way up it starts moving... but it moves so fast that the person falls backwards (there are no moving handrails). The escalator would have sensors that allow it to alter its speed to keep the burglar rolling down the stairs indefinitely.
    CCTV automatically captures the action and uploads it to youtube.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,177 ✭✭✭Wompa1

Similar to abortion. Prevention would be better but if somebody I don't want in my house forces his way in, I want to be able to scramble his brains and dump him in a skip out back. Is that so wrong?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 833 ✭✭✭southcentralts

pet cobra.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,293 ✭✭✭1ZRed

pet cobra.

Pet honey badger :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,171 ✭✭✭af_thefragile

Well, it seems like house alarms are completely pointless as no one gives a crap if the alarm on someone's house goes off...

So them high powered lasers that can slice a burglars legs clean off will have to be it then...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

catch one and perform weird sexual acts to him. Release him and nobody will go near you again

Cover your floor with bubblewrap(the large 3cm bubbles type)!
    creep, creep,POP!, POP!, POP! BRRRP (brown trousers)

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭shuridunno

A sign saying...These premises are protected my sniper rifle 6 days a week, you guess which six.

We stopped getting a yard thieved and diesel stolen when we got dogs.
    A JRT to wake the GSD, who turned out to be useless, but shur he looks the part.

Is it easy to break through pvc door and windows, or do people just sometimes forget to close them.

For the gun owners out there, hunters and the like, would you think you're capable of shooting an intruder. As in morally, I;m sure you could actually shoot them. I think if i had a gun, i'd probably drop it and accidently shoot myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭crazygeryy

shuridunno wrote: »
    A sign saying...These premises are protected my sniper rifle 6 days a week, you guess which six.

We stopped getting a yard thieved and diesel stolen when we got dogs.
    A JRT to wake the GSD, who turned out to be useless, but shur he looks the part.

Is it easy to break through pvc door and windows, or do people just sometimes forget to close them.

For the gun owners out there, hunters and the like, would you think you're capable of shooting an intruder. As in morally, I;m sure you could actually shoot them. I think if i had a gun, i'd probably drop it and accidently shoot myself.

Jesus the dog in the pic on the right looks rather menacing.and yea thats the million dollar question if someone breaks in and you have a gun could you, would you shoot them?
    Youd love to catch the ****er though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭shuridunno

crazygeryy wrote: »
    Jesus the dog in the pic on the right looks rather menacing.and yea thats the million dollar question if someone breaks in and you have a gun could you, would you shoot them?
    Youd love to catch the ****er though.

The dog on the right is an idiot, but maybe with time he'll improve, the dog on the left sleeps most of the time as she's old, but the tinctures are afraid of her and stopped calling to the house.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭The_Thing

Buy yourself a machete. The next time someone tries to rob your house hack the ****er's head off and mount it on an spike in your front garden for all to see. After the hair, flesh, and what passes for brains in these sub-human scum has rotted away you can use the skull as a flower pot in your garden, the eye sockets will act as drainage holes when watering.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭Fromthetrees

A heavy baseball bat is probably the best way to protect yourself in your home, obviously as a last resort but if you feel really threatened it's going to be your best friend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,073 ✭✭✭Pottler

Join the French foreign legion, come back 3 years later, hard as fookin nails, hang from the attic using invisible wires and when the creamers come calling, drop noiselessly down and mash them with your bare hands. That'll learn em.

Advertisement