Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Regards from Poland

Options
  • 18-06-2012 11:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hello,
    I would like to thank football fans from Ireland.
    Dear Irish people, I admire your spirit, the dignity you sang "The fields of Athenray" I'm really glad we could host you in Poznan. I'll remember the Euro 2012 because of you. Respect!
    I was so happy to sing "Polska bialo-czerwoni" with you together in the Old Market.
    Thank you!

best regards from Poznan
    - Mateusz

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Oh oh

Wrong Forum for this :rolleyes:

Gets popcorn :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Samich

Contrary to popular opinion, Ireland have not got the best fans in the world.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

I hate that fucking song.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭ollie1

Thanks Mateusz :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭IrishAm

I predict a load of ginger haired children being born in Poznan around Paddys day next year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 MatMc

I have no acces to soccer forum
    so I decided to post it here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

The country that gave us Tyskie beer

It does be flying off the shelves in Tesco

Is that the most popular beer in Poland?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

mikemac1 wrote: »

Poland - the country where stone washed jeans go to die.

I hate that fucking song.

You will love this then!

Any yokes, bud?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Jesus, don't encourage them, they'll never shut up.

• Advertisement

Poland - where the lads that do the sunbeds are tough as fuck and built like tanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

mikemac1 wrote: »

It does be flying off the shelves in Tesco

Is that the most popular beer in Poland?

Lech is the best of Poznan. Took a trip to the brewrey when I was there.

I really hope that Irish people will look at Poland as a fantastic county now..cos it really is :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭brummytom

IrishAm wrote: »
    You will love this then!

Any yokes, bud?
    MY EARS, MY BEAUTIFUL PRECIOUS EARS!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

I do hate that f*ckin' song, but you'd think some of the fans would learn the rest of it and not just repeat the first verse.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,329 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

Samich wrote: »
    Contrary to popular opinion, Ireland have not got the best fans in the world.

Well they didn't eat their swans.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

Awww isn't that nice.

brummytom wrote: »
    MY EARS, MY BEAUTIFUL PRECIOUS EARS!!!

You are English, go off and flay yourself with a thorn bush whilst listening to that on repeat!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

MatMc wrote: »
    Hello,
    Dear Irish people, I admire your spirit, the dignity you sang "The fields of Athenray" I'm really glad we could host you in Poznan. I'll remember the Euro 2012 because of you. Respect!
    I was so happy to sing "Polska bialo-czerwoni" with you together in the Old Market.
    Thank you!

best regards from Poznan
    - Mateusz

A team from the top division in Ireland had to withdraw from the league today not even half way into the season.

At some home games they had less than one hundred fans in attendance. If you are near an Irish fan now ask them who this club is, I doubt they will know. Ask them who is currently second in the league, I doubt they will know.

Hardly the action of the greatest fans in the world.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭brummytom

IrishAm wrote: »
    You are English, go off and flay yourself with a thorn bush whilst listening to that on repeat!
    To be fair, I'd rather listen to that shite on a 10 hour loop than hear 'God Save The Queen' once more.

A team from the top division in Ireland had to withdraw from the league today not even half way into the season.

At some home games they had less than one hundred fans in attendance. If you are near an Irish fan now ask them who this club is, I doubt they will know. Ask them who is currently second in the league, I doubt they will know.

True for the most part, but there are a lot of serious LoI heads that also follow Ireland home and away.

Anyway, this Mateusz chap signed up to pay us a compliment. Lets take it and wish him well. No need to get into all the nuances of Irish football with him. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

I wish the fans could get just ONE other good song to sing. Suggestions?

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭kev250

Agricola wrote: »
    I wish the fans could get just ONE other good song to sing. Suggestions?

They also have the home and away theme song

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

Please come to Ireland and visit us. And bring lots of money to spend.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 MatMc

I understand that you have different feelings about this song, but it's nice that you remember about this, and taught us about your history.
    Very nice that so many Irish people now gathered in the Old Market in Poznan and chant: "Poles thank you"
    We were very happy to welcome you.
    yes, Tyskie is really popular :-)
    Have somebody tried "Zurek" soup? ;-)

Yeah, I wonder if they had sang "We all dream of a team of Gary Breens" for 10 minutes at the end of the Spain game, would there be this much talk about it!

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭Randy Anders

Hello,
    Thank you!

best regards from Poznan
    - Mateusz

That's nice to hear! My friends are currently in Poznan and said they've been drinking with Polish fans for the whole week, they get on great with each other

I understand that you have different feelings about this song, but it's nice that you remember about this, and taught us about your history.
    Very nice that so many Irish people now gathered in the Old Market in Poznan and chant: "Poles thank you"
    We were very happy to welcome you.
    yes, Tyskie is really popular :-)

Nope, but I did eat a fried potato cake over there a couple of years back. Twas like a piece of home so t'was.... :'(

Tried the Czech version of it. We have similar here(without the meat), except its served plain in a regular bowl instead of the bread bowl. Potato and leek soup.

Not as good, but.

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭Randy Anders

The thread was a nice gesture from a Polish person who enjoyed the company of Irish men and women in his country. Don't be such a buzz killer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭breadmonster

Q:What did the irish man do after winning a game in the euro's
    A:
    Turn off his playstation

Advertisement