Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nood Tea advertising gone to far?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11 HydroPump

toexpress wrote: »
    Right all joking aside for a minute!

I spotted a product called Nood Tea. Thought it looked interesting had a look at their web site (am not a tea drinker but am in the food business) when I looked at their website I thought emmm not for me the old dears that are my customers would rather die than use this sort of product with the marketing behind it.

Basically on the website there is a very sexual element to the marketing, about getting naked and dressing up. Now at first I thought harmless but when I considered the point of view of my customers I began to realise that this was marketing an everyday kitchen cupboard product using sex as a tool and it seemed just a bit bizarre to go there.

Tea is a sort of traditional Irish thing where it is wholesome and good, we have it all the time when we are dealing with hardships and so on, it's a reminder of comforts etc.

So the question is has advertising gone a bit far when marketing is trying to sexualise tea?

No

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Sexing up tea would be pathetic IMO - not because of the sexual element (it's hardly gonna be anything too questionable) but how desperate would the company have to be. Reminds me of the sexy ad for the catholic church on The Simpsons.

The usual "Sexually repressed", "PC brigade", "Ireland is prudish" stuff of course - generic soundbites.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,510 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

These tea people really must stop dropping the vast majority of the tea on the floor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭18AD

[rant]Oh, the ads. The ads have gone too far. I want my ads to reflect my social standards. The ads. They've gone to far, the ads have. My moral compass has been put out by the ads. They give everyone a bad message. Ads are hurting society. They're a real social issue, the ads. I either don't buy the product and am outraged by the ads or I do buy the product and somehow feel associated with the message portrayed in the ads. The ads reflect part of my character. Why can't the ads just be nice. I want to consume with a clear conscience![/rant]

Now I'm horny and want herbal tea

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,933 ✭✭✭holystungun9

tea is a traditional english thing that the irish copied

i suppose really its more likely a traditional asian thing that the english copied

And teabagging? Where did that come from?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Well I shall try this for a last time, I have picked this because I was thinking about it from the point of view of my customers. And I can safely say if I put that marketing about the place Bridie and Maggie would have a conniption and I would have the local ICA coming down the main street with a bunch of flaming torches.

Now at first I found the notion of that particular reaction funny until I began to think about it and then I sort of began to see their point. That then made me think about the number of things that we use sex to sell. We use it to sell Gold Blend coffee ... remember those adverts? Now it was more overt, a look, a glance etc so while I picked this particular brand it's a wider thing. I don't care if people talk tea, coffee, cauliflower or disinfectant.

Interestingly ... I buy Gold Blend coffee

AHA!!! NOW you sneak in your sneaky advert!!!! I see what you did there. :P

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 62 ✭✭BettyM

AHA!!! NOW you sneak in your sneaky advert!!!! I see what you did there. :P

It's over 8 years since we had a jar of what's know as instant "coffee" in our house. The other day someone offered me a cup of what they claimed was "whole bean instant coffee". It was, of course, just more marketing fluff and was just another brand of revolting instant "coffee" which has not more in common with coffee that would a brand of instant Chateau Neuf Du Pape where one sprinkled a few red granules into a glass of water.

I think the beverage known as instant "coffee" is horrid, and has little resemblance to any coffee I have tasted. Why do some fall for marketing fluff, and ignore the quality of the product?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Tea is sexy. My tea making skills have certainly gotten me laid on more than one occasion. The tea most Irish people drink is muck. Lyons, Barrys, they're nice enough, but they're tea in the same way that Jedward are classical music.

Also:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

<clicks unfollow the insanity thread>

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,359 ✭✭✭MonkieSocks

Nood...............Nude

=(:-) Me? I know who I am. I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude (-:)=

• Closed Accounts Posts: 352 ✭✭Best username ever

Personally I woul draw the line when they start making ads showing people stirring their tea with an erect penis.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 62 ✭✭BettyM

Personally I woul draw the line when they start making ads showing people stirring their tea with an erect penis.

Those ads might be great fun to see, tho!

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭validusername1

Tea is a sort of traditional Irish thing where it is wholesome and good

you say that like sex is not also wholesome & good :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 177 ✭✭Memory Of 98

How the hell would you stir tea with an erect penis?

I mean if you bring the tea to it you will have to tilt the cup, and your tea will fall out.

Or are you going to get some people to hold you upside down by the ankles and lower you into it, which would be very awkward.

:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 700 ✭✭✭nicowa

BettyM wrote: »
    This is brilliant. I love tea ( as opposed to that disgusting sweepings off the floor in bleached white paper bags) and if this means I can drink real tea without having to use a teapot, I'll be off to buy some of this to try it!!!

I heard Desert Island Discs last week and Anna Ford chose, as her luxury, a supply of whole leaf tea. Good tea is sexy and very fashionable here in the UK. It's also delicious (unlike PG tips or Tetley's which tastes about as bad as powdered Maxwell House instant coffee. Ugghhh).

Does anyone know where I can buy this when in Ireland???? Where did the OP buy it???

It's in Tesco soon.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement