Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Wheel Balancing query

Options
  • 04-06-2008 6:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭

Picked up a 2005 Exec CRV (26,000 miles) from the UK yesterday. The dealer put 4 new Dunlop tyres on it:) but I think they forgot to balance the wheels - in fairness they were conscious that I was trying to get the 5.15pm ferry (missed it so ended up on the 2.30am one:mad:)

Anyway, I'm getting a shake in the steering wheel above about 65 mph - dealership said they'd reimburse me for balancing if that was the problem. When I checked today they were NO balancing weights on any of the wheels - does this mean that it's almost definitely the balancing that's the problem i.e. could the wheels be balanced even though they're no weights on them?

Don't know if was the sh*t weather today or the lateness of the day (3.45-they close at 4) but the guy at the VRO office didn't bother to look at the car at all!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,132 ✭✭✭Moanin

Ya sounds like they need to be balanced alright and each wheel depending on whether or not they need weights will more than likely have weights inserted.

It wont cost you much anyway to get them balanced.Any good tyre shop should be able to do it for you.

Good idea going to the VRO office on a wet day!

Advertisement