Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Teenager survives harpoon attack in the head

• 20-06-2012 10:25pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,543 ✭✭✭

I was meant to get this from Sky News, but it was in Silent for some reason or another.

However, the story below was shown from The Today show in NBC

But still though, a freak accident really is something really unexpected that could put people into a panic attack mode. At least this guy from Florida miraculously survived the attack.

How can those guys get so stupid with what appears to be a dangerous weapon can end in horrible circumstances?

The mind boggles, it really does?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

few nurofen, be grand

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,933 ✭✭✭holystungun9

all fun and games till someone gets it in the eye.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

The new Phineas Gage

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

I thought someone had harpooned him while he was in the toilet which for some reason struck me as particularly sneaky.

Glad to see it was just a regular ol' harpoon to the head attack.

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭whendovescry

I've heard similar stories of metal implements being forced into the skull but they all involve the item in question pushing the entire brain to one side upon entry. The fact that the spear penetrated the brain tissue and that the boy was conscious afterwards is quite incredible, people have died from much less trauma to the brain

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,506 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

I'd say he didn't like that!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭christmas2012

jesus that is horrific

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Teenager survives harpoon attack in the head

Attack? From what I've seen reported thus far, it was an accident and not an 'attack'.

But still though, a freak accident really is something really unexpected that could put people into a panic attack mode.

This sentence nearly put me into panic attack mode.

Advertisement