Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How passive-aggressive is this?

• 04-07-2008 5:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 43

Hi guys, I started a thread here a little while ago about my boyfriend, and how he doesn't make any effort with me. I've been wondering whether I should just call it a day, and I think this confirms that he's a bit of a d**k...

This is a conversation over text that happened a little while ago:

HIM: wow you must be busy with yourself or somebody else

ME: why?...

HIM: well that just answered my question thank you

ME: whats wrong?

HIM: you tell me

ME: .....? if you're still angry about your bad day yesterday please don't take it out on my honey. I love you x

HIM: come again? you know what just forget i text you. have a nice day and text you when i'm home

....then after a few minutes, when I didn't reply to him....

HIM: oh one more thing, you can leave out the 'honey' and 'i love you' part next time

ME: ok, seriously.... what have i done?

HIM: nothing, dont worry, relax, as you say to me

ME: if i have done anything why are you in such a mood?

HIM: relax

This just came out of no where... It was the first thing he has text me all day, and I think it comes from the fact that I hadn't text him yet today. When I am at work I always text him first, when I am on my break in the morning, but as I am on holiday this week I was doing other stuff....

How childish is that? From a man of 37.... Just needed to vent:)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

sounds more like he's about 15?

time to let this goldfish off the hook!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Tell him to grow up and stop being insecure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

Have you tried ringing him before putting up personal relationship information online?
    I agree... very immature, but this is more looking for agreement to that point than a personal issue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Use the mouth piece of the phone rather than the keypad. Much better for (avoiding) fights.
    edit - Jumpy bate me to it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭WilmaRidesAgain

Hey OP,

I remember you deffo, you sound like you are in the "reviewing the situation" zone, yeh he is PA to the backbone, attention seeking git....i hope he is hot as f00k ....even if he is....is he worth the trouble.....?

nah!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Maggie Simpson

adastra wrote: »
    and I think this confirms that he's a bit of a d**k...

Yes it does.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,170 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

OK not so sure about the personal info on here. Not a good plan. At all.

As for the problem? All I will say is everyone can have an off day, everyone can be moody. Obviously if someone is going through a hard time or is depressed then all bets are off, but IMHO a generally moody man is not a good bet.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

Wow!

I know I could ask for the premise here (IE history of the text-convo), but I really don't need to.....like why didn't he just ring you in the first place? Looks like he was egging for a row to be honest, but in such a childish way. That's playground tactics at it's best.

He really is acting his shoe size!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

I would also have to say that text is such a ridiculous way to conduct oneself when there is a problem. Both he and you seem to be guilty of that.

This line:
    ME: .....? if you're still angry about your bad day yesterday please don't take it out on my honey. I love you x

While you are right not to ask him to take his bad mood out on you, finishing with 'honey' followed by 'I love you x' reads very confusingly. That line seems quite passive-aggressive to me too!

It seems as though both of you need to talk not text.

In fact, I think a motto for PI should be 'Talk not Text'...or should that be 'tlk nt txt'. :rolleyes:

All of that said, his texts do appear to be insecure and juvenile but as I've said texting is not the way to make the relationship better...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,064 ✭✭✭DenMan

Hi OP

I know the golden rule of never talking about your ex, but is this his first relationship with a girl, because it sounds like it. I do agree with the other posters in saying he sounds very insecure and also immature. If that's what he is like over a text message I shudder to think what he is like in person.

HIM: "wow you must be busy with yourself or somebody else"

What exactly did he mean by that? Must have been very off putting and also very insulting.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭fuzzywiggle

Wow 37? He should have more sense. He's picking a fight with you for no reason and who wants that?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭AngryBadger

Background?

Don't feel the need to comment on part of a text-conversaiton posted out of context.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭MissHoneyBun

ntlbell wrote: »
    time to let this goldfish off the hook!

:D:D:D:D
    love it!

Advertisement