Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Just saw ex ... crying now ....

• 04-07-2008 1:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

Hi boardsies. Just had to vent really. My ex finished with me coming on 21 months now after a 6 year relationship (living together). I had nowhere to live when we split so moved back in with parents. Have bought a house since, got back in touch with friends who I had stupidly neglected, go out most weekends and have NEVER contacted him (not even after a few drinks on a night out, even though sometimes I wanted to). To the world I am great for "being so strong" and have probably convinced myself also ... I've done everything by the book since the breakup. Thing is, I just popped out for a sambo and bumped into his two brothers. Felt really sad. Walking down the street two minutes later, he passed me in a car (what are the chances?). I haven't seen him since the split and seeing the whole lot of them in such a short space of time has brought it all back and now I feel awful and I'm crying my eyes out as I write this. He cheated on me at the time and is still with her ... yet I've met nobody and after seeing him, I feel real anger towards him for hurting me and I'm also feeling like a loser 'cause I've just realised I'm on my own. I think I've just regressed to day one ... how am I gonna get through the rest of the day/year ....

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

you never mourned, now you are, thats the start of the end! good luck.

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

Thing is, I just popped out for a sambo and bumped into his two brothers. Felt really sad. Walking down the street two minutes later, he passed me in a car (what are the chances?). I haven't seen him since the split and seeing the whole lot of them in such a short space of time has brought it all back and now I feel awful and I'm crying my eyes out as I write this.
    OP, I'm not suprised you're crying. That's alot of people to meet in one hour especially if you haven't seen them since the break up. It caught you unawares. I'd say let yourself cry until there's no tears left.

You say you showed a brave face to the world after you split so I'd assume from that you bottled it all up and now the damn has burst so you should just let it pour out. A good cry is sometimes just what we need and what rarely let ourselves do because we feel it's a sign of weakness.
    He cheated on me at the time and is still with her ... yet I've met nobody and after seeing him, I feel real anger towards him for hurting me and I'm also feeling like a loser 'cause I've just realised I'm on my own. I think I've just regressed to day one ... how am I gonna get through the rest of the day/year ....
    As I said, you probably bottled up all these feelings. You were together for 6 years so presumably you'd made long term plans etc so firstly he cheated which is one major breach of trust from someone you loved and trusted, secondly you broke up and you had to move home and thirdly, he's still with the girl. That's alot to deal with.

With regards to moving on, there's no race to finding a new partner. Yes, it hurts that he's with someone but the most important thing for you to do is look after yourself and continue to create a good life doing things that you enjoy and make you happy.

You know you'll get through this. You survived finding out about his infidelity, you moving out and breaking up so you're a very strong person. Just don't be too strong. Talk to you friends about it and lean on them for support.

Good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Lucy Locket

Hi OP,

I really haven't got any strong advice to give you, I'm currently where you were at 21mths ago, and to see that you have been sooo strong up until now I really do congraluate you....I haven't even gotten to the stage where I can walk away yet! I can only imagine how you must be feeling right now, because that thought makes me sick to my stomach!!

I really do hope you can get over this wall and back to the side you were on until you saw him, you've got your friends back, your own house, you are doing great....You don't need this guy to come and disrupt your world when everything is going great....I hope I can find some of your strength you really are an inspiration.

Hope you feel better soon X

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,395 ✭✭✭Marksie

seems you have repressed a lot of different emotions under anger and "doing things by the book".
    But doin things by the book is best done when you can express your emotions fully.

Now they ahve come back and they are beig expressed.
    Dont surpress them, they will be out of your system muhc faster if you let them have their day. Then they will be gone and you will move on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭Karen_*

He's cheating on her now OP, or he will be! You had a lucky escape and now some other girl is miserable. Wouldn't you rather be you than her?

I know it doesn't seem fair that you're on your own and he's not but at least on your own and happy, he'll never really be happy no matter who he's with.

Don't feel like you've gone back to day one because you haven't. You're just having a totally normal reaction to having to take alot in in one day.

you're well out of it OP and huge Kudos to you for having come so far. You'll be ok and you'll meet someone. You're certainly not a loser.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭MJOR

This OP is sometimes what happens when you think you have dealt with something and really all you've done is buried it.
    Have faith... Things WILL get better for you.
    You've done incredibly well and remind me of a friend of mine and she is doing so well

Trust me girl when i tell you you were betting off not hotfooting it into another relationship
    Cheer up xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭Gumbyman

Hi there,

Really sorry to hear this - that is a horrid situation. I can completely understand the real anger. The prick. I hope you can reflect on it and be thankfull that at least ye didn't get married and have no kids or house together. Best of luck with this. I really feel for you.

Gumby.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 dietcoke1145

I just want to say thanks a million to those of you who replied. Lucy Locket .. sorry to hear about your situation. At least I've come this far, and if I can, believe me anyone can. Hopefully today is the last reminder x.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭Gumbyman

A1 Attitude. Well done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,475 ✭✭✭decies

Sorry to hear what happened to you love considering the time you were with him it might take a bit longer to get over him ok.But you have made good steps so well done.Hope you find someone nice who will take care of you.
    Best of luck.

• Advertisement
Advertisement