Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Oil Fired Radiators

• 31-12-2013 1:00pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 656 ✭✭✭

Hi, I have an oil fired Stanley Super 80 which runs the radiators in the house. It's a pretty old system but the boiler is regularly serviced. The problem is rads that don't heat properly and in particular a towel rail radiator in the bathroom where there is no heat at all, not even the pipework connecting from the floor gets warm. It used to semi heat up, just the lower half but nothing at all now. I have bled all rads apart from one in a bedroom which has the bleed nut at the back and I just cannot open. Some rads heat very well, some only partially but most let out no air/water when bled. Last night I turned heating on full blast, after 90 mins turned off all rads apart from the towel rail, it sounded like the whole system was going to blow up, really loud air/water noises from the system. No heat at all rushed into the bathroom (as I had hoped), I got worried it might do real damage so opened the next worst rad (the one with the bleed nut at the back that I can't open), water rushed into this one but, as usual, did not fully heat, bottom part hot, top still only warm.
    Does anyone know if I were to repeat the above and just let the system make all the noises would it eventually sort itself out or is it just going to blow up?!
    Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭bbam

Sounds like the system has build up crud and maybe rust inside over the years.. It needs to be flushed out properly to once allow water circulate freely..

A good plumber will easily and quickly to this and then balance the system to get the best performance..

Advertisement