Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

***DCU Acccomodation 2013***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,089 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

What's the story with postgrad accomodation in or near DCU? Do you have to wait until you get your full offer to apply.

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭computer44

Go and get a flat and enjoy the time of your life. Do you want Mammy with you.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 michaelwalker

I'm planning on staying in DCU in September as a first year. Where is the best place to live from people's experiences?

• Registered Users Posts: 30 fusion19

Anyone looking for a room mate for dcu.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Intu

I'm in the same boat, anyone know if sharing a house or whatever would be better than going on campus.

• Advertisement

Applied for off campus student accomadation and got it almost straight away just a few hours ago

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Synek

fusion19 wrote: »
    Applied for off campus student accomadation and got it almost straight away just a few hours ago

Which residence?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1 oisinmorgann

Starting to panic about accommodation !:eek:
    Me and 3 friends decided that we would try get a house for this year instead of student accommodation , we stayed in gateway last year dont really fancy going back ! now everywhere is starting to run out and we cant seem to find anywhere anyone that can help me please get back to me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

Starting to panic about accommodation !:eek:
    Me and 3 friends decided that we would try get a house for this year instead of student accommodation , we stayed in gateway last year dont really fancy going back ! now everywhere is starting to run out and we cant seem to find anywhere anyone that can help me please get back to me

Thread merged with Accomodation megathread.

I assume you've looked on daft? You need to keep checking it every day for new properties and setting up viewings as soon as you can. There's stuff out there, you just need to be on the ball especially with the increased competition now from incoming first year students.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,724 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

anyone lookin for a place in Gateway, iv just cancelled my place there, so someone should ring up if they want it

• Advertisement

Synek wrote: »
    Which residence?

Gateway

• Registered Users Posts: 2 NillowPotter

Hi guys, does anyone know if people have been notified about getting on-campus accommodation yet? I was told it was today but I haven't heard anything so I'm assuming I haven't gotten a place? Will they notify me if I haven't?
    Any help much appreciated! :)

Hi guys, does anyone know if people have been notified about getting on-campus accommodation yet? I was told it was today but I haven't heard anything so I'm assuming I haven't gotten a place? Will they notify me if I haven't?
    Any help much appreciated! :)

I got no reply yet either, but when I called them up yesterday I was told it could be Thursday either.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 jacob_94

just got an email from dcu saying my application for on campus accomodation was unsuccessful

I then rang both shanowens and gateway and they all said that they're fully booked with very long waiting lists in case of cancellations. I also tried schoolhouse court but couldn't get through

I'm going into first year in dcu and dont know anybody else going so I don't have anybody to rent a house with or anything

has anyboddy got an idea of what I should try next? I'm getting kinda worried at this stage

jacob_94 wrote: »
    just got an email from dcu saying my application for on campus accomodation was unsuccessful

I then rang both shanowens and gateway and they all said that they're fully booked with very long waiting lists in case of cancellations. I also tried schoolhouse court but couldn't get through

I'm going into first year in dcu and dont know anybody else going so I don't have anybody to rent a house with or anything

has anyboddy got an idea of what I should try next? I'm getting kinda worried at this stage

Try Hazlewood, I was up there yesterday and booked a place so maybe they still have vacancies. If that doesn't work head onto daft.ie and look up sharing accommodation, do some digging and you'll find somewhere to stay.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Edana

jacob_94 wrote: »

On the Shanowen Square site it says that they are opening online applications for cancellations at 10.30am on Wed 28th of August and that its first come first serve.. No waiting lists. So maybe give that a try? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Midnight Diamond

19 year old female, first year looking for someone to share accommodation with near campus.

PM me if you're interested and/or if you know of any suitable places :):)

anyone know what the crack is with the security guards and strictness regarding people staying over

• Registered Users Posts: 2 declanbridges

Im going into DCU this year and im looking for accommodation. i have looked at many places but they are booked. any help finding a place is needed! if there is anybody knows of a vacancies please let me know.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 McGlynnHoi

Yeah, I'm on the same boat as the last few posters here, I'm a first year not able to find this accommodation thing. Made an account especially for this post actually. I was resolute in the idea that I would get Campus but sadly this is not the case. I don't know anyone going there and nothing about the area (All that jazz yano). Anyways, point is, if know any smidget of information about accommodation, I would be very grateful. I'm an ideal housemate by the way! (just in case you know a friend of a friend that has a vacancy)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 declanbridges

Hi, im looking for accommodation near dcu aswell as looking for people to share a place with if i find a place. please pm me if you are interested :)

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭sarahguitar92

fusion19 wrote: »
    anyone know what the crack is with the security guards and strictness regarding people staying over

If you're talking about campus accommodation, then they can be pretty strict. If you want to have someone stay overnight then you have to request it at least a day in advance (if the person doesn't live on campus) and as far as I remember there's a charge of €5.

Points are not the issue unless you know the Dean. First come basis.

Are you pulling strokes.

Do not make a comment like that again.

keep your head down and its not quite that strict,. volume down and you will be ok.

do not play loud music if your having a few orange juices.

the secret no noise and you can drink orange juice to your hearts content.

computer44 wrote: »
    Points are not the issue unless you know the Dean. First come basis.

Are you pulling strokes.

Do not make a comment like that again.

I'm not sure who you're even talking to here, but please refrain from making any posts that tell other posters what to say or not to say. That's my job and I'll deal with any offending comments. If you have a problem with a post, please report it and leave it at that. Thank you :)

Well that girl has harassed everyone on the thread. She posted some racial remarks and I just said " Do not comment again as you are breaking forum rules"

Do not worry,

My solicitor will deal with it,

Shes a nightmare,

And do get on to to me check my posts and check his/hers

Regards

Well that girl has harassed everyone on the thread. She posted some racial remarks and I just said " Do not comment again as you are breaking forum rules"

Do not worry,

My solicitor will deal with it,

Shes a nightmare,

And do get on to to me check my posts and check his/hers

Regards

Again, if you have a problem with a post please report it. Again, please leave the moderation to the moderators.

Warned.

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭clairek6

Any other first years staying in digs??

Do not warn me. I have done nothing wrong. I will take it up with your boss.

How can anyone warn me for doing nothing.

Its like Hawk-eye without an explanation.

Civil damages to Board.ie,

That is so wrong but with social media I have a print-out of all conversations,

Be absolute in what you say,

Regards

• Advertisement

Do not warn me. I have done nothing wrong. I will take it up with your boss.

How can anyone warn me for doing nothing.

Its like Hawk-eye without an explanation.

Civil damages to Board.ie,

That is so wrong but with social media I have a print-out of all conversations,

Be absolute in what you say,

Regards

I have spoken to you via Private Message. Please do not derail this thread any further.

Infracted - and any more posts in this vain will lead to a one-week forum ban.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement