Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help!! New Tokina 11-16mm - is it a Dud??

Options
  • 15-01-2015 1:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭

Hello,

I just received delivery of a Tokina 11-16mm DXII for my Canon D600 from HDEW Cameras.

Two major issues:

I want this lens for video. In Live view at 11mm the crop is more like 50mm. When I switch to manual still mode its a lovely wide 11mm.

I am new to the camera and lens am I missing something??

Secondly, every time I change aperture there is a loud click. I read innumerable reviews recommending this lens for video so this can’t be right, right???

Any help appreciated , Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 556 ✭✭✭ligertigon

Hi, sorry I cant help,
    but I am having difficulty getting my bank cards regognised by their system to buy stuff. How did you manage?
    And apologies for semi hijacking your thread

• Registered Users Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭Average-Ro

Maple77 wrote: »
    Hello,

I just received delivery of a Tokina 11-16mm DXII for my Canon D600 from HDEW Cameras.

Two major issues:

I want this lens for video. In Live view at 11mm the crop is more like 50mm. When I switch to manual still mode its a lovely wide 11mm.

I am new to the camera and lens am I missing something??

Secondly, every time I change aperture there is a loud click. I read innumerable reviews recommending this lens for video so this can’t be right, right???

Any help appreciated , Cheers

My Canon DSLR has a crop factor in video mode that allows the operator to digitally zoom in; could this be turned on on yours by any chance, causing the 50mm-like crop?

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Maple77

Checking it again, I did have crop factor on.

Still not happy with the loud clicking noise made by the iris though.

Can anyone else with a Tokina 11-16mm tell me if theirs makes a loud click?

Thanks

Advertisement