Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Serious Drains issue after Extension Built

• 14-11-2007 6:55pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭

I had a rear single storey extension built a few months back, since then my drains are constantly being blocked. I've opened the shore to the rear of the house to find it full of small bricks and a gravel like substance, I clean it out but it's full a week or so later, a builder friend of mine said it looks like hardcore.

The shore in question is less than a foot from where the extension was build, the drains would run from the back of the existing house parrallel with the extension all the way.

Any ideas as to what is causing this? I suspect a pipe was either knocked out of place or has been damaged while the foundations were being dug, however I have no idea how to prove this as all the pipes are now under concrete.

The builder turned out to be a right cowboy as you may have noted from all my other posts over the last few months, he's denying this could possibly be anything to with him or the foundations and has blamed anything but himself.

Any advice on where to go from here would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭10-10-20

You can get a CCTV survey done for a couple of hundred euro. They will record the whole system on a video tape and you can use this as required.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭masterK

10-10-20 wrote: »
    You can get a CCTV survey done for a couple of hundred euro. They will record the whole system on a video tape and you can use this as required.

That sounds like exactly what I need, thanks for that. Do you happen to know any companies that provide such a service?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭10-10-20

Sure - http://www.dyno.ie/docs/cctv.htm
    Or do a Google for "CCTV survey ireland".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,814 ✭✭✭antoinolachtnai

aj drains are good around dublin. they are based in dublin 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 tommykeane45

they burst a pipe digging foundations this is serious

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,810 ✭✭✭Calibos

I'll hop into my time machine and travel back to the year 2007 and let them know Tommy. Thanks for the heads up :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement