Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Phoenix Power shower

• 30-12-2013 5:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17

I have a phoenix power shower that hasn't worked properly in a while. It's about 10 years old but is still working fine to a degree. The problem is that it keeps its full power until I turn it to about lukewarm temperature. The pump then cuts out. But if I continue turning, the temperature will continue to rise to piping hot but the pump has remained stopped. This is fine during the warmer weather when a cooler shower will suffice but it is a pain in the winter time. Is it something that is easily adjustable of do I need a plumber/electrician.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,946 ✭✭✭whizbang

Are you in a limescale area ? First thing to do is clean out the spray head.

Is your water supply sufficient? - does the behavior change if you flush the loo, or turn on a tap in the sink

Maybe a problem with the motor, are the brushes ok?

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Bartron

I don't think I am in a major limescale area. I installed a new hose and showerhead recently so I don't think it is that. The water supply is good and the toilet or other taps operating don't effect it. As regards the motor and the brushes I wouldn't have a clue about them.
    In the manual it mentions an anti scald system which will switch off the pump if the temperature starts to exceed the scald temperature. I thought there might be someway to adjust this temperature so as to increase the heat of the water. I was hoping if it wasn't something too technical that could be done I would have a go but if it is I'll call in the experts. I have include 2 pages from the manual if it helps.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,946 ✭✭✭whizbang

Can you put the old head and hose back on and test it again.
    The temperature control can depend on the output flow and consequentially pressure. If you use a different head, the pressure will be different.

The picture attached, I presume the temperature control is the large circular part where the Hot and Cold come in. Also shows what looks like an adjustment knob marked with a small c. Is this the anti scald adjustment?

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Bartron

Unfortunately the old head and hose is gone in the bin. I'll see if the temp can be adjusted using your observations. If not I think I better get someone that has more of a clue than me to have a look at it. Thanks for all the advise, I'll let you know how I get on.

Advertisement