Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GDK BLACK WING CLAY PIGEON TRAP

Options
  • 02-06-2014 2:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭

i was thinking of buying myself an automatic clay trap
    and was wondering has anyone any experience with a

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭johnmurph01

shootemall wrote: »
    i was thinking of buying myself an automatic clay trap
    and was wondering has anyone any experience with a

Bought Black Pheasant Trap (I know its slightly different). The trap is good but allow me to explain more about overall service:

- Customer service was non existent during purchase.

- Spec of trap / capability changed every time I called (does it do DTL/Wobbler etc etc).

-Eventually paid, took 3 weeks to ship (despite being told many times it was sent - almost did a chargeback).

- Trap came with no instructions. No calls / emails returned about sending assembly. Took 2 lads 3 hours to put it together

- Other items in order never came, again, took ages to.

Since I've had the trap its worked well, get a spare set of brushes somewhere and make sure to have a screwdriver on hand to tweak when you get it assembled. I had alot of issues with clays smashing when they were getting loaded for firing.

If you have a good CS experience, then most likely you will get your moneys worth. Promatic traps being as expensive as they are, its worth a punt.

Ask for instructions, tracking number etc and go from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭shootemall

Thanks for the info
    I think I might go for it , I would love to go for
    A promattic but even if I could justify the
    Price I don't think I could afford one .

• Registered Users Posts: 4,319 ✭✭✭Half-cocked

make sure to have a screwdriver on hand to tweak when you get it assembled. I had alot of issues with clays smashing when they were getting loaded for firing.

Common to nearly all traps. You'll need to set it to suit the clays you are using. We switched clay suppliers a while back and nearly every trap we had started breaking the clays during loading. Once the splitters were adjusted no problems. It does mean if you switch brand of clays, expect teething problems.

Advertisement