Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

International Competitors Bringing Firearms to Ireland?

Options
  • 08-06-2014 8:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Does anyone know what the process is for international competitors wanting to bring their firearm to Ireland for a competition?

Outside of satisfying their own laws, I was asked to find out the Irish side.

Also how long prior to travel do they need to apply?

Thanks for any help or advice.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭Scalachi

Basic requirement is for them to apply of a visitors Permit to bring their firearms to Ireland.

This needs to be done in the district where the competition to be held.

It depends on the district, but can certainly take a few weeks, form is only 3 pages of basic information and they also need to send their original EFP and the 40 Euro Fee.

Form is downloadable from the garda website.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭amadablam

Scalachi wrote: »
    Basic requirement is for them to apply of a visitors Permit to bring their firearms to Ireland.

This needs to be done in the district where the competition to be held.

It depends on the district, but can certainly take a few weeks, form is only 3 pages of basic information and they also need to send their original EFP and the 40 Euro Fee.

Form is downloadable from the garda website.

Thanks a million scalachi

I really appreciate the help.

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭cw67irl

Is that 40 eu per firearm?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

Yup.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭cw67irl

Hefty that isnt it, 12 stg for an NI visitors permit with as many as you like on it!! I wouldnt want to be coming here with a couple of firearms for a competition !!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

I think I'd be looking at the rest of the European model, myself, with the Europass the sole document required for travel. Just back from Germany, got two trips to Spain in the next couple of months and there'll be nothing but invitations and Europass required for any of those trips.

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭Scalachi

I have submitted 71 Applications in the past few months for visitors permits, most of the people involved are bringing 2 Firearms with them from Germany and the UK.

They are not impressed when they hear they have to pay EUR 40 per gun !

For my NI Permit it was 12 Sterling and for my UK Permit, 25 Sterling, but no issues with the amount of guns on the permit ...

Rip off Ireland is Alive and Well, we charge our Visitors 120 Euro for what we pay 80 for....

Advertisement