Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Australia Working Visa

Options
  • 20-07-2015 3:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    Seriously giving consideration to joining a group of my friends who are going on an Australia working holiday visa in November. I'd Genuinely appreciate all insights or advice/resourses that anyone may be able to share as a result of their own experiences. :D:D:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭brandnewaward

Do it, best thing i ever did....and im still here

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭bestleftfull3

Do it, best thing i ever did....and im still here

second this !!here 9 months at the min and applying for a 457 in a few weeks !
    All depends on where you go too, highly recommend Melbourne:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭MrBlack93

I've just completed my degree and have worked in the hospitality industry for several years. I'm interested in completing 3 months working upon farms before starting another job within a city so as to avail of the 2nd year visa. Where have you guys worked? did you get jobs through agencys or family connections etc? Did you spend what you made or were you able to save? Sorry for all the questions :D

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭bestleftfull3

Whats the degree in? plenty of hospitality work in Melbourne but it depends on what your coming here for?
    Do you really want to be working weekends and not have free time to enjoy concerts/sports events etc?
    Realistically from my experience in the first year you wont save much unless you stay in a lot, I'm here 9 months and iv been to so many events out a lot of the time traveled a nice bit and have probably only saved 6-7 thousand !

I found agencies really bad and not helpful at all but probably depends on your field of work ! get talking to people when you arrive all the construction work is word of mouth!

Other than thaqt just apply yourself online you will get a lot of knock backs and it could take a month or so but best sticking with it !

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

http://touch.boards.ie/forum/1121

Link to the Australian forum.. You should find a lot of info you need in there. I suggest reading the stickies :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement