Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laptop to HDMI

Options
  • 25-10-2014 6:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭

I have a dell 1525 laptop, with a graphic card outputting 60hz. I've connected it to a 1080p TV via hdmi cable. While watching sport with some fast action the image on screen appears choppy or jerky, it's perfectly fine when not fast paced.

Would anyone have any suggestion on how to remedy it? I'm unsure of the hz of the TV, it's an Aldi job, some posts make it 120hz.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,164 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Graphics Type Integrated
    Primary Graphics Chipset Intel 965 Express

^Weaksauce.

Also the refresh rate doesnt matter as much as the response time, cheap panels will motion blur easily when the pace picks up as the pixels are really slow to change from say white(shorts) to green(pitch).

Try using windows+p so that only the tv is active, not the laptops own screen and see if it improves.

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭tophurler

Thanks Ed_E, i've tried your suggestion and it's still doing the same thing, I guess I'll have to put up with the dizzy spells!

Advertisement