Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 11/12-Jan 2012 onwards

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,181 ✭✭✭Sappy404

Hi folks

A bit off topic:

Put this on your Facebook and ask your UK-based friends to sign it. It won't take a minute.

http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/19149

Tell them to verify the email as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Newcastle have signed Papiss Cisse from Freiburg for around £1om. Now, why aren't we signing him?? We need a striker and he's been quality for them for the past few seasons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,181 ✭✭✭Sappy404

monkey9 wrote: »
    Newcastle have signed Papiss Cisse from Freiburg for around £1om. Now, why aren't we signing him?? We need a striker and he's been quality for them for the past few seasons.

Obviously it's because we've lined up Cavani.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Sappy404 wrote: »
    Obviously it's because we've lined up Cavani.

Or because newcastle have just signed him.

DrumSteve wrote: »
    Or because newcastle have just signed him.

Why aren't we getting in there?? £10m?? That's great value!! What's Camolli doing?? Newcastle realise they're losing Ba for the ANC, probably realise they may lose him in the summer and they go straight out for another striker!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,210 ✭✭✭shamrock55

monkey9 wrote: »
    Why aren't we getting in there?? £10m?? That's great value!! What's Camolli doing?? Newcastle realise they're losing Ba for the ANC, probably realise they may lose him in the summer and they go straight out for another striker!!

well they do have 35m of our money from last jan to splash about:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

Is this Cisse fella any good?

I didn't see people clamouring for us to sign him up prior to today? :confused:

Are people just frustrated we haven't signed a striker yet, so now just want someone, anyone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,585 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Cisse is a risk, even at 10 million. And we really can't afford to take another risk on a striker.

For 10 million, I'd rather we take Defoe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

Al, I think people are more frustrated that Newcastle can go complete a deal for someone like this off the radar with little fuss which seems very good value that very few would have thought about buying. It is the kind of business many of us expected from Comolli.

Opr

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭stick-dan

We're all gonna shut up on February 1st when we're looking at 2 possibly 3 recruits that noone knew we were in for.

*fortune teller outside supermacs in eyre square told me :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭kingshankly

opr wrote: »
    Al, I think people are more frustrated that Newcastle can go complete a deal for someone like this off the radar with little fuss which seems very good value that very few would have thought about buying. It is the kind of business many of us expected from Comolli.

Opr

One thing buying someone of the radar it's another thing buying a good one of the radar

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭bUILDERtHEbOB

Cisse is a risk, even at 10 million. And we really can't afford to take another risk on a striker.

For 10 million, I'd rather we take Defoe.

Huh?

He's 3 years younger and has averaged better than a goal every 2 games for a pretty poor side, as well as being a better all round footballer.

Probably be on less wages too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭tommyhaas

stick-dan wrote: »
    We're all gonna shut up on February 1st when we're looking at 2 possibly 3 recruits that noone knew we were in for.

*fortune teller outside supermacs in eyre square told me :P

This whole secrecy regarding transfers is a myth, we're as transparent as any other club. Aside perhaps from Coates and maybe Bellamy to an extent, everyone else had been heavily linked for a good while prior to moving

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,585 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Huh?

He's 3 years younger and has averaged better than a goal every 2 games for a pretty poor side, as well as being a better all round footballer.

Kezman. Alfonso Alves. Morientes. Kuyt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

Stewart Downing.. Premiership proven.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭tommyhaas

Can't believe you didn't include the last Cisse we signed from the French league, where he had been banging them in, in that list :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭G.K.

Your point being...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

One thing buying someone of the radar it's another thing buying a good one of the radar

Well Newcastle seem to have a good record of doing this lately. If you listen to people who have watched him they all seem to be speaking highly of him. His goal scoring record in the Bundesliga is very good. At £7.5m it is relatively low risk.

Opr

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Crazy Horse 6

I hate the January transfer window. You just know we'll all have to watch the SSN transfer gimp on the final night counting down the minutes as we hope beyond hope we end up with some quality but have our spirits crushed ultimately.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

Who would be the main man behind the Tiote, Cabaye, Cisse deals for Newcastle?

It's hardly Pardew that's scouting these players.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭G.K.

Graham Carr, father of Alan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Settle down for Bob Paisley.

Mr Alan wrote: »
    Is this Cisse fella any good?

I didn't see people clamouring for us to sign him up prior to today? :confused:

Are people just frustrated we haven't signed a striker yet, so now just want someone, anyone.

Al, i haven't mentioned his name, but i thought he would be free in the summer, Basically, Newcastle have shown their balls here. Why isn't Camolli doing doing this??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Huh?

He was on €8k per week at Freiburg... got himself a nice wage packet now I can imagine.

If he plays alongside Ba, then Newcastle have themselves a very potent attacking force. And with Cabeye in midfield, they have the ideal man to supply the chances.

opr wrote: »

Opr

OPR, he is not off the radar. Cisse was expected to move from Freiburg in tre summer. They agreed with that with him. Newcastle have come from nowhere to sign him. Fair play to the them! No arguements!!

But the what f*ck is Camolli doing??

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

I mentioned Papiss Cisse as one we should target during the summer, and I vaguely remember doing likewise sometime pre-Xmas. Brilliant bit of business by Newcastle, kudos to them. Zero doubts the lad will be a success at the Toon. Himself and Ba is a quite scary partnership on paper.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭YouTookMyName

This is interesting. It's for 2010/11.

2011%2F6%2Fclinicalstrick.png

Obv, reading to much into it is torture, but it does give us an idea of how much we're missing someone clinical when Kuyt's our best on the goals to shots.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Newcastle seem to be getting it very, very right with transfers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,349 ✭✭✭Zak Flaps

aaronh007 wrote: »
    He was on €8k per week at Freiburg

poor b*stard!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Grayditch wrote: »
    Newcastle seem to be getting it very, very right with transfers.

I was saying that elsewhere. They now have the makings of a very good side. All they are lacking really is a right back and they're pretty much set.

Excellent keeper, solid back line, good midfield and an excellent strike partnership.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement