Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Monitor, mouse and keyboard trouble. need help

Options
  • 30-12-2008 4:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 45

Hi,

I turned on my PC this morning and the monitor, keyboard and mouse wont work. I switched on the tower and the lights came on and the fans started up but it wont do anything else. All the leads are connected properly and the monitor still has power because the stand-by light is still on. The lights on my keyboard don't come on, or the ones under the mouse.

Can anybody give me any idea how to fix this? Is it a problem with the monitor/keyboard etc or something else. I doubt it is a virus or anything like that as it has never been connected to the internet, I just have it for playing DVDs and music.

Any help or advice is very much appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,477 ✭✭✭newbie2

Have you tried unplugging the mouse and keyboard and powering up again? As the monitor is connected to the Graphics card and the mouse and and keyboard are connected to the MOBO (are they USB?) I suspect it's a MOBO problem. Have you tried a different mouse/keyboard/monitor?
    We need more details. Make / model / when was it last working etc???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 RuthyB

Hi Newbie2

Yup, I unplugged everything.

Switched it off at the mains pulled out all the leads, reconnected everything again and still nada. It was working yesterday ( i have it on most days)

Its a HP Pavillion and its just over 2 years old

Have you tried a different monitor with it?
    Or try just plugging the monitor in and leaving the mouse/keyboard unplugged and start it up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 RuthyB

Hi Newbie,

I don't have another monitor handy right now,the only other machine we have is the laptop. I have just tried turning it on with the monitor disconnected and again with the keyboard and mouse disconnected but its still the same. The tower switches on no problem. it still sounds the same when i start it up. The fans start and its making all the usual 'beeps' and "whirring'' noises

SOunds like your motherboard is broke. Not 100% on this. You'll need a second opinion. I'd recommend bringing it to be repaired to somebody who can open her up and have a good poke around and connect differnt monitors etc to it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement