Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Vodafone mobile wireless broadband

• 16-11-2008 7:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Im living in Ballyconnel Cavan and can only get wireless broadband. The ISP im using has proved very unreliable. Is it worth trying Vodafone mobile server. Is it any good and whats the coverage and download like.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭BlindedByGInge

all i no aout moblie broadband is there is a fairly low restriction on data usage.
    O2 for example you pay €20 a month plus €20 for the modem(a one off) and u are only allowed use 10gb of data. to put this into perspective, viewing 10 webpages is aprox 1MB, not including videos. 1024Mb in a GB. Videos can range betwenn 100MB to 400MB. all this over a month is quite strict. i presume high charges for going over this limit. Downloading movies is out of the question. u would use ur limit in an hour and still only have half the movie.

i would say go for it, but for casual use only. bear in mind O2, Vodafone, and 3 all have moblie broadband so shop around

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 598 ✭✭✭DannyBuoy

If you can download 10GB in an hour you're doing well, also if thats only half the movie then maybe you should start looking for smaller file size movies!

The mobile solution should be seen for what it is, a solution where wired
    broadband isn't available because of restrictions on the line, no line installed or the user needs portability. Its subject to coverage issues, I've seen mine go from 700kbps to less than dial up speed in different areas. 10 gig is plenty for the normal user, its about 2000 mp3's a month or 13 average movies. If that's not enough then the user needs to look at something like satellite.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 beboapps

I used to have have it ... not very good and the download limit is crap

Advertisement