Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Burger King or McDonalds

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 752 ✭✭✭Lorax

Originally posted by DrizztIE
    Double cheese burger with cheese
    obvious.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭comet

Both companies in question.

Yeah well the companies call them fries, they are American companies but do Irish people call them fries? Who goes for a bag of fries after a couple of pints?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,230 ✭✭✭OLDYELLAR

ya it has to be mickey d`s for meh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭BLITZ_Molloy

Burger King;

The burgers are bigger, the salad in the is better too. I usually hate fries but he BK ones are sublime.

Been going to Subway a bit lately. it's petty nice. I'm mad on olives, gerkins, pickles and chillie sause. :)

I don't eat junk food that much but when I'm at home i usually go to an independant one near me. It's very clean and they do loads of wierd greek stuff; kebabs, curries, spicy vegetarian things, excellent pizzas.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,754 ✭✭✭Big Chief

Originally posted by DrizztIE
    It has to be McDonalds clearly, with Double cheese burger with cheese

your just trying to make the double cheese burger sound better than it is :p

you know it dont compare to a XL bacon double cheese burger :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

BK has to be,

I worked there during my college stint and have freinds that worked bk and mc ds. Bk is better as the use better fresher ingrediants. And the process that they use to cook the burgers is a lot better.

Also you can pick and swap what you want in bk and not have to wait 40min for it.

Mc D's is a creche that sells sudofood and bad coffee.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,764 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

Hmmm BK or Rotten Ronnies..

To be honest Im not a fan of either but if Im hungry enough and there is one nearby I'll pop into one, usually BK...

The Chicken Royale's are not too bad..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 221 ✭✭DrizztIE

Originally posted by Big Chief

I did one day up in Dublin a few days ago... and *jesus christ* did ya fill me for 2hours (solid) but unfortunately there was no taste off the burger :( *awww*

Any1 agree(s) or disagree(s)? - (let yourself be know)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,194 ✭✭✭✭Crash

Originally posted by ToxicPaddy

The Chicken Royale's are not too bad..

Thats what i thought....until one of my friends decided it'd be hilarious to continously compare its texture and taste to a tumour while i was eating the thing. now i cant look at them in the same way....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,872 ✭✭✭segadreamcast

Yeah but that doesn't compared to the McDonalds double quarter pounder with cheese plus bacon (heh, even the name is a mouthful)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13 NiN

I'm a Maccy Dees man as far as burgers go, Quarter pounders and cheese are tasty but I usually go for a Meatball roll with hearty Italian bread, extra cheese and black olives. Nowwwwwwwwww yer tawwwwwwkin!:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,731 ✭✭✭DadaKopf

I eat at neither. Never ever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 neenz

:D

Burger King reigns supreme.

The fries are so much better than Mc D's...really cripsy and long.
    McDonalds' fries are really limp and greasy.

Agree about bacon double cheeseburger, or the whopper is good too.
    that new spiderman burger is quite nice...tried it the other day.
    AND they do more promotions than McD's so more variety...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

I feel this thread is as valid today as when it was first posted back in winter of '02.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,872 ✭✭✭segadreamcast

Originally posted by NoelRock
    Yeah but that doesn't compared to the McDonalds double quarter pounder with cheese plus bacon (heh, even the name is a mouthful)

That's bizarre. Nearly two years on - I read the comment without reading the name and agreed with it whilst thinking "yes, this man knows what he's talking about".

Jesus - you evoked an odd feeling within me DapperGent. Scary almost.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭munkeehaven

i quite like eddie rocket's.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

burger King

and

oldposts.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,645 ✭✭✭Shrimp

Neither

• Registered Users Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

Originally posted by NoelRock
    Jesus - you evoked an odd feeling within me DapperGent. Scary almost.
    Don't blame me. I didn't drag it up.

On topic I agree about the McDonalds Double Quarter pounder thing, it's the king of fast food burgers and my preferred hangover cure. I've been known to deliberately engineer a hangover just to be able to justify eating one.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

'Fast Food Nation'

that is all....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Doodah7

Point blank refuse to eat in either of them. Appalling 'food' in appalling surroundings (although I will admit that the new super-duper-space-age-Burger King on the Belgard Road looks da bomb).

I am consistently amazed when in Liffey Valley the popularity of McDonalds and Burger King over the other food retailers, some of which serve far better food and are better value. Even more so with parents setting a bad example for their kids. I was there early a few Sundays ago and there was this couple eating McD's at 11 in the morning (and not their breakfast menu either). I just thought... gross...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

Neither. You could count the number of times that I've eaten in either during the last 2 years on one hand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭Mailman

Mini Fillet Burger from KFC for €1.60 is preferable to either.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭smoke.me.a.kipper

McDonalds. 2 cheeseburgers and a medium fries with a tub of curry sauce. om-nyomity.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 388 ✭✭da_deadman

It absolutely has to be Burger King. The burgers are so much better, they are nearly beyond comparison. The Bacon Double Cheese Burger is like a little slice of paradise.
    And no matter how hungry you are, it is never a good idea to eat a Supersize xl bacon double cheeseburger. I did it once and it was fantastic until about 5 minutes after I finished. I was so stuffed I felt like my stomach was bursting for a long time. But I was glad to have done it I suppose :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭Dr. Loon

Originally posted by da_deadman
    And no matter how hungry you are, it is never a good idea to eat a Supersize xl bacon double cheeseburger. I did it once and it was fantastic until about 5 minutes after I finished. I was so stuffed I felt like my stomach was bursting for a long time. But I was glad to have done it I suppose :)

I agree. Did this a while ago. Bad move. But lovely while it was being consumed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 274 ✭✭Danni

i used to be a McDonalds man, but ever since i tryed a bk a bit back ive never went back, so much more satisfying than the rubber burgers you get outta maccy d's.

And go XL and they actually mean xl, not like mc d's :p

was full for about 3 days after me xl bacon double cheeseburger meal :)

so what about you?

do you prefer the slap up meal thats so satisfying that is bk.

Or Maccy d's where you get rubber burgers :rolleyes:

In total agreement, used to be a Macky D's chick but after tasting a Bacon Double Cheeseburger (yes, i'm a girl who likes her food!!!), i've been converted. Burger King ALL THE WAY

• Closed Accounts Posts: 295 ✭✭jo.king

Wouldnt eat either of that Cow remains, fat soaked excuse for food!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,571 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Supermacs > Burger King > McDonalds

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

They're all manky. Domino's Pizza in the square all the way!

Advertisement