Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Condensing Boilers

Options
  • 27-08-2013 10:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 33

Hi,
    I'm looking to replace my old 30KW gas boiler with a new condensing gas boiler.
    Two question I'd like information on please.

1 Are Condensing boilers rated the same ie 1 for 1 interms of heat output, so should I be looking at a new 30KW Con. boiler.
    2. What brands are recommended, I see different comments on the web about different brands, but these are a few years old, whats new , reliable, easy and reasonable to maintain.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Rgs. Jim

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭shane0007

For me, Arsiton Clas is the market leader. They manufacture most boiler components for many other boiler manufacturers but have a two year lead time on their own stuff. So if you want to see what will be standard in gas boilers in 2 years time, look at the Ariston today.
    Very adaptable to suit even the most problem system.

5 year parts & labour too.

Just make sure a full chemical & mechanical powerflush is carried out. Also ensure that the installer understands volt free contact boiler electrics as most boilers are volt free & silly short cuts are taken by many installers who just don't understand the mechanics of volt free.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,526 ✭✭✭JohnnieK

I would second what Shane007 said.

• Registered Users Posts: 912 ✭✭✭bmm

What are the chances Shane & Johnnie got a warehouse full of Anniston boilers on a great margin and some powerhoses :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭shane0007

bmm wrote: »
    What are the chances Shane & Johnnie got a warehouse full of Anniston boilers on a great margin and some powerhoses :P

Yeah, we split the costs of the storage facility.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,526 ✭✭✭JohnnieK

bmm wrote: »

Don't know what I'd want the powerhoses for, but I'd take the warehouse of boilers please.

• Advertisement
Advertisement