Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hair advice

Options
  • 10-04-2011 3:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭

I have thick hair but I just don't know what to do with it. I try to grow it long but it just grows up and out like a helmet. When I cut it short, I want it long and vice versa. I can never achieve anything with my fringe and it just always looks a disaster.

It's my 21st Birthday party next Saturday and I drastically need to do something with it before then.

Here's the mess itself:
    http://i51.tinypic.com/20ibbz4.jpg
    http://i54.tinypic.com/20j5k06.jpg

Any advice would be much appreciated. I'm able to get some colouring for free next week (was thinking blonde or dark red) but I've no idea how to style it before hand or what to ask for when I got to get it cut/thinned out.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

Have you tried it shaved? Or just thinned out instead of proper cut (e.g. a middleground between pic #1 and #2?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

I usually ask for it to be thinned out in the barbers but it lasts about a week and then it's back to square one again. I never really liked the shaven look either to be honest. I'm just lost for ideas now at this stage

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 4,991 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shane732

Go into Robert Chambers on Grafton Street and they'll sort you out with a proper hair cut...

Ask for Athos Chambers, if he's back from his holiday, or otherwise Mark. (Both straight guys - if that matters to you)

I've been going to them for years and there brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,059 ✭✭✭Screaminmidget

I had the exact same hair as you, long and thick:P
    I just got it cut short recently, but longer at the top than the sides, and decided to try and keep it like that, its fair easier to manage like, bitta gel aswell, sorted!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

I would have been the same as you. I decided to just grow it properly long, bought myself a hat and waited till it was long enough to be controlled by it's own weight. :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

I've hair like that except it's fair coloured and frizzy as well...

these days I've got it short on the back and sides, let it get thick on the top as there wasn't really much of a way to avoid it... AFAIK...

Here's a recent Pic I put up in know your clubbers.

Also...a simple thing like choosing the shampoo you use can make a difference i recon. I've tried quite a few and to be honest, always preferred Johnsons & Johnsons baby shampoo. (who do i give my man card in to??? :( )

Advertisement