Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Last man Standing controversy!!!

Options
  • 28-02-2011 8:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 42

Ive posted this already in the football betting forum but this forum gets way more views and time is of the essence here. Mods - apologies about double posting....

Will cut to the chase:

We all know the rules of last man standing.
    Basically this week I was down to the last 5 in my local with a pot worth around €800. My old man was over in the pub so he rang me to get my choice for this weekend. He read out the fixtures to chose from as advertised by the pub themselves and i decided to go with Stoke beating WBA.

He rang me on saturday to ask how they were doing and I explained that they were not playing until Monday. He said that was strange considering Monday night games were not allowed to be chosen from. He spoke with the owner (who both my old man and myself now well as we've been drinking there years) and pointed out the mistake. He wasnt happy and told my dad that he would sort me out if i won. Now what that means I do not know.

It has now transpired that the other 4 players were all knocked out so if Stoke win tonight then Im the last man standing - so i expect my winnings. However all the remaining players will expect a roll over considering its a monday night game and therefore should not be allowed.

My attitude to this is ive done nowt wrong and its the pubs problem. However not sure what the pub thinks.

Ive a couple of questions

1. If you were me what would yo expect to recieve as payment? The full amount?
    2. If I forgot to pick in the first place - what team would I automatically get? My understanding would be that I would get the last place team. Or does this rule vary from competition to competition?

Of course should Stoke fail to win then the above doesnt matter!!! Come on the Stoke Men!!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭PK2008

Mr. Mac wrote: »
    Ive posted this already in the football betting forum but this forum gets way more views and time is of the essence here. Mods - apologies about double posting....

Will cut to the chase:

We all know the rules of last man standing.

I disagree...

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Mr. Mac

PK2008 wrote: »
    I disagree...

a simple game.
    each player puts in €10.
    Each week they have to pick a team from the weekends permiership fixture list that they expect to win. should they win they go thru to the next round.
    A draw or a defeat and you are gone.
    You have to chose a different team each week and cannot pick the same team twice.
    The games goes on until there is a last man standing - who collects the pot.
    If there is no last man standing then its a roll over with double the pot and everyone is back in.

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭mariebeth

The pub advertised the team, so it's their fault. If Stoke win, you deserve the pot. You didn't make any mistake, IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Mr. Mac

mariebeth wrote: »
    The pub advertised the team, so it's their fault. If Stoke win, you deserve the pot. You didn't make any mistake, IMO

My thoughts too. 8 mins to go.....and 1 up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Count Duckula

Bad luck :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

I was just wonering where the fcuk my response had gone!! Then I realised this isn't the Football Betting forum!:pac:

Advertisement