Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

slippy shoes!!!

Options
  • 28-01-2007 12:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

anyone have any tips for slippy shoes?? i have fabulous shoes but the sole is sooo smooth and polished that they are completely lethal to walk in. in girls have this problem?? how can you make smooth soled shoes walkable??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Not a PI. Moved to the Fashion and Appearance Forum.

Personally, I'd advise scraching the sole with something so as to roughen it up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 317 ✭✭rainglow

Sandpaper, or get them re-soled with a non-leather ribbed sole for extra grip.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭SexyD4Lady

Before I go on stage to dance, I put the soles of my shoes sitting in a saucer of Coke. Makes them a little bit sticky, thus stopping slippage. Works a treat!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭Wez

dudara wrote:
    Not a PI. Moved to the Fashion and Appearance Forum.

Personally, I'd advise scraching the sole with something so as to roughen it up.

Lol, don't even remotely see how this could be suitable for PI!

But yeh, I'd say try getting them re-sole in something softer and stickier, or as a temp solution do as Dudara says..

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭Cheese Princess

I read an interview with a stylist on X Factor and she said that every night she rubbed a cheese grater on the soles of Kate Thornton's shoes so she wouldn't slip on stage...sounds a bit drastic but you won't slip!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 33 mazzyk

When I first started dancing years ago, the dance studio had made a board for us to rub our shoes on before dancing. Looking back it was all quite strange really, from time to time one person would go around with a cheese grater and a candle, grating wax onto the floor. Then we would all go and rub our feet (wearing our shoes) on the board they had made to increase the grip.

The board was made from a piece of wood (approx 1ft square) that had been covered with beer bottle tops (nailed into place and hammered down) - so you had a grating effect. It seemed to work as I don't recall any of us sliding around.... Our shoes were the Ballroom/Latin type with the suede soles... Now I just use a wire brush to increase the grip on my dance shoes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 538 ✭✭✭~Leanne~

Years ago my dad used to always get an old spud masher (steel not plastic!!! :D ), hold it over the gas to heat the steel, then stick it to the sole of my shoe, the masher left an imprint the whole way down, just like grips!

Any sandels or shoes i buy with a slippy sole - i always do this.

Advertisement