Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spermicidal lubricant?

Options
  • 09-11-2011 9:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭

Hi all,

Would anyone know where I could buy spermicidal lubricant? (Preferably in Galway/Dublin). We will be using it with condoms, so obviously don't want one that would damage a condom. We already use normal durex lubricant, but would like a little extra protection.

I asked in boots, and the pharmacist said you can't buy them in Ireland! I find this hard to believe!

Mods please move this thread if it's in the wrong forum.

Thanks for any advice! :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,646 ✭✭✭✭Sauve

You were told right I'm afraid.
    There used to be one on the market, but it was discontinued.
    As far as I know there's one that can be imported, but to go down that route you'd need a doctors prescription and it'd work out pretty expensive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

Well some condoms contain spermicide already OP so perhaps they may be easier to source than spermicidal lube.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Sky King

I thought they all stopped that and it's just standard lube these days?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

Possibly,I did read somewhere (I think) that some brands do carry it still,could be wrong though!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,646 ✭✭✭✭Sauve

There's a possibility that Trojan do them (maybe).
    Have you tried to buy online OP? I honestly don't think you'll have much luck in pharmacies.
    Unless in a sex shop maybe? But you'd need to be sure of the quality of the brand obviously...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭manlad

Advertisement