Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish

Options
  • 18-01-2009 2:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 38

We were tole the other day that if you fail your irish exam that some universities (i think she said trinity)will accept you as long as you have another language oter than english. I was nder the imression tht if ou failed Irish you failed your leaving cert and wouldnt be accepted by any college?? can come one please explain this to me!

Comments

Nope, there are a good few universities that will accept you without Irish, you just need another secondary language; and Trinity is one of them, it being English in the past and all that.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 koolciaran

cheers... its a relief too i cn do honours nd dont care if i fail :D.. thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭p1akuw47h5r3it

Nope, there are a good few universities that will accept you without Irish, you just need another secondary language; and Trinity is one of them, it being English in the past and all that.

Do you know if UCD is one??

Do you know if UCD is one??

As far as I know, all four of the NUI's (UCD, NUIG, NUIM and UCC) have abolished the requirement of needing two auxiliary languages to enter into science/mathematics courses. I'm not 100% sure about UCC, but, I know the three others have. But, as far as I know, the requirement is still present on courses that aren't science/mathematics related. Check on Qualifax under each course you'd like to do anyway, just in case.

Advertisement