Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Buying a laptop

• 25-11-2008 2:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭

Budget: €500 - 800

Intended use: primarily to surf net, uploading photo, wathcing DVD etc... online programs (youtube etc...) some wordprocessing,some gaming

Mobility: not majorily important but the smaller the better I guess

Warranty: 2 - 3 yrs I suppose

I was looking at one in harvey norman recently with following spec what would u say to this (I am not sure if branded laptops are better to go for than say Acer???:

Intel Core 2 duo T75750 processor
    4GB RAM
    250GB HDD
    15.4" Screen
    MS Vista Home Premium
    In built webcam
    Blu Ray Drive

€747.00
    Acer 5920 Notebook.

Any advice appreciated,
    thank you

Comments