Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help needed with the boiler

Options
  • 27-09-2014 9:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 24

hey guys,

just moved in a flat and the boiler was fine until last day when i noticed that even with the thermostat in off position the boiler was still making noises ( fan running ).

closed the boiler from the main panel and when i came back i noticed that it's completely ignoring the wall thermostat commands and just runs over.

it's trying to ignite every 5-6 minutes, i see the flame going but it stops after 5 seconds.

any idea what the issue is ? i'm going to call the letting agency but i doubt they will be help get this fixed quick.

boiler model is Ideal mini s24 and the thermostat is Grasslin towerchron qe2.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24 dconstantin

Also, noticed that both of "bigger" pipes that are beneath the boiler are very hot , see the att.

Is this normal ?:| I'm assuming that there should be one for the cold water in and just one for hot water out ?

hXXs://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-jzdapXvER-4/VCcHY-OILPI/AAAAAAAADAw/1uf3CuscS-E/w1143-h642-no/IMG_20140927_194809170.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,526 ✭✭✭JohnnieK

Possible you have an open cylinder circuit and the wall stat is only controlling a valve for the heating.

The time clock is the master control.

Advertisement