Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Burning old pine floorboards in a stove??

• 14-09-2011 6:07pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭

A neighbour of mine has a good few rotten and crumbled old pine floorboards left over from when his house was renovated.

Instead of throwing them out,can they be used as firewood in a stove??

Thanks.:)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭GY A1

so long as their dry should be no probs

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

GY A1 wrote: »
    so long as their dry should be no probs

Well Id say they are dry at this stage,been in the house for over 50 years now.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Bellman

I have recently obtained a number of pallets which I intend to burn in our Rayburn solid fuel range. Some of the pallets have blocks in their construction which are not the normal timber type but appear to be some kind of chipboard material. They burn really well and give off lots of heat but somebody told me that they are not suitable for a range as they contain some kind of glue which will leave tar deposits in the range.
    Anybody have any advice on this subject ?

Advertisement