Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Vista folders - Sort by name? / Transfer speed?

• 19-06-2009 12:22am

Hey all,

Was just wondering, is there any way that I can get every folder on my computer's contents to be sorted by name of the files?

I used to have this down grand, but it seems over the past few days it's just automatically sorting them by size and it's wrecking my head having to keep on changing them back to sort by name the whole time.

Just wondering if anyone knows any way to sort everything on my computer by name?

Also, was just wondering, say I have to transfer 10GB of data from one hard drive to another, but the parts that need to be transferred are all in seperate folders, wil i be any quicker doing three or four transfers at the same time (rather than waiting until one thing has transferred over, and then selecting the next thing to drag 'n' drop)? Does the USB transfer speed decrease when you do more than one transfer at a time?

Thanks a lot to anyone able to assist me here.:)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85,064 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

That sounds like something the Registry would handle. Couldn't tell you where in the registry and what value to change, but that would be the place to poke around.

Advertisement