Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Podge And Rodge Crispsssss

Options
  • 04-11-2006 2:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭

Thats right, Podge And Rodge Crisps by Tayto!

dsc00257ao8.jpg

I thought they'd be pretty crap, but i opened a pack and they're great! Dunno when they're out, I'll report back with the date

and heres what they say on the back

dsc00260ng0.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Heyes

haha classic, was half expecting something perverted on the name... but suppose wouldnt go down to well... :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭rugbug86

do they taste like hunky dory buffalo?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Sheefted from AH.
    Look awfully like the Hunky Dory Buffalo flavoured ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Numina

i dunno, i never eat them, but i think the last time i did, i didn't make it through the pack, but I'm making it through packs of these, so imo Podge and Rodge crisps > Hunky Dory Buffalo

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Aren't Tayto now made by Largo Foods, who also make Hunky Dorys?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭sudzs

byte wrote:

Yes! AND they changed the Tayto recipe. :mad:
    ...even though they promised not to.

Tayto used to be just spuds, veg. oil and flavourings.

They now use hydrogenated oil which is the disgusting stuff that clogs up your arteries. uuugh.

I won't eat'em!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Numina

byte wrote:

yes, they recently bought Tayto

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Spotted these in the IT Sligo Student Union shop today.. so they're obviously out!

The tacky packaging alone puts me off.. those two may be hilarious, but they're turning into massive franchise whores!

PS - except the flavour i saw was "Cheese & Onion"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 828 ✭✭✭pp_me129

Had these tasted tha same as hunky dorys
    I had buffelo and chesse and onion

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

I have tried the Buffalo Breath ones, and they taste the same as Hunky Dorys Buffalo flavour.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 630 ✭✭✭MagnumForce

byte wrote:
    I have tried the Buffalo Breath ones, and they taste the same as Hunky Dorys Buffalo flavour.

yeah me too, im pretty sure theyve just repackaged Hunky Dories for a while.

Advertisement