Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Irish basically freed south america

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Don't forget the san patricos

• Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭GerB40

Che Guevara was half Irish.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

The major drug trafficking organizations (drug cartels) are Mexican and Colombian, and said to generate a total of $18 to $39bn in wholesale drug proceeds per year
    We need a percentage of this to pay off the bank debt. Someone call the government.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

• Registered Users Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭Crooked Jack

GerB40 wrote: »
    Che Guevara was half Irish.

Half Irish may be pushing it a bit, but yes, he did have a strong Irish heritage that he was very aware of.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭shane9689

**** cant believe i forgot the guys that fought for mexico!!! HERE you go...theyre my 2nd fav!!! http://www.irishcentral.com/news/Irish-soldiers-fought-for-Mexico-during-Mexican-American-War-192574131.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭Wattle

I also rocked in South America. Didn't get any nice women though :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,733 ✭✭✭Duckworth_Luas

Not just the lads! Eliza Lynch, born in Cork, is seen as a folk hero by some in Paraguay. To others she's blamed for that country going to war with Argentina, Brazil and Uruguay.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,170 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Half Irish may be pushing it a bit, but yes, he did have a strong Irish heritage that he was very aware of.
    Yes he was a Lynch on his dad's side. His father actually blamed his family's Irish blood for the revolutionary leanings of his son; "The first thing to note is that in my son's veins flowed the blood of Irish rebels". His grandmother Annie Lynch was the first generation born in the Argentine of parents who left from Ireland just after the Famine. From Galway IIRC.

For some reason seems if you mix the Irish with the Spanish, light the blue touch paper and stand well back. Actually mix us with any of the Latins and look out. So my fellow Irish men and women, go forth and get busy with our exotic neighbours and make the world a better place. Well... more interesting place anyway. :D

I reckon the Irish have a lot of commonalities with Latin cultures. More than we have with say the Saxon/Germanic ones.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

i think latinas are hot...and alot of em think the same back...were attracted to each other because of our differences in looks yet get along so well because of our similarities in culture

and latina/irish generation people are extremely goodlooking!

^^ i guess the blood in our veins, sees that and wants it! haha

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,550 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Not just the lads! Eliza Lynch, born in Cork, is seen as a folk hero by some in Paraguay. To others she's blamed for that country going to war with Argentina, Brazil and Uruguay.
    OK so 1 in 3 of the army were allowed execute anyone up to the rank of captain and overall 90% of the male population died and monogamy was suspended for years

What happened there made even Cambodia look like a picnic.

never heard of her....but the hereos im talking about are the ones who fought their colonial masters...after they left things got abit messy and stupid between south americans themselves...looks like theyre finally back on the right track again these days though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭floggg

shane9689 wrote: »
    i think latinas are hot...and alot of em think the same back...were attracted to each other because of our differences in looks yet get along so well because of our similarities in culture

and latina/irish generation people are extremely goodlooking!

^^ i guess the blood in our veins, sees that and wants it! haha

I think they just find us amusing.

After 9 months my boyfriend is still prone to outbursts of laughter when he sees my pasty white skin.

Honestly, I think if I ever tanned up he might get bored and leave me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭Gyalist

What sort of revisionist bollocks is this that the Irish freed South America?

floggg wrote: »

Honestly, I think if I ever tanned up he might get bored and leave me.

No question about it, he would :P

i used to hate being pasty...but when i discovered alot the latinos were trying to become pale and some even bleaching themselves for it! i discovered a new sense of pride haha, now i nearly stay out of the sun...still despise suncream though

Gyalist wrote: »
    What sort of revisionist bollocks is this that the Irish freed South America?

oh im sorry, did you expect my title to be literal? want to call my agency and have my editor fix it for you? ill print the 2nd edition with the edits once i get onto my publishers for you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭floggg

shane9689 wrote: »
    No question about it, he would :P

i used to hate being pasty...but when i discovered alot the latinos were trying to become pale and some even bleaching themselves for it! i discovered a new sense of pride haha, now i nearly stay out of the sun...still despise suncream though

Mexicans (or maybe just my Mexican) enjoy it but in a mean way.

Now Brazilians. They truly love them so pasty white skin. And not just for entertainment purposes. They actually find it sexy for some reason!

Plus, if you pick the right Brazilian you get free accommodation for the World Cup next year!

floggg wrote: »
    Mexicans (or maybe just my Mexican) enjoy it but in a mean way.

Now Brazilians. They truly love them so pasty white skin. And not just for entertainment purposes. They actually find it sexy for some reason!

Plus, if you pick the right Brazilian you get free accommodation for the World Cup next year!

what makes you think mexicans think of it in a mean way? maybe some, but my ex-girlfriend sure didnt...she somehow found fascination in my freckled skin (imagine haha) although i did get alot of funny looks when i was there because i was so white...also people assumed i wore kilts at home haha

Yes they do!
    so on to Brazil! pity i dont speak Portuguese

maybe just your mexican then :l

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,094 ✭✭✭wretcheddomain

Barnardo's page is gone.

Barnardo's page is gone.

really? thats weird because i just posted it an hour ago

• Advertisement
Advertisement